cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox 102.4.431 don't works with Windows 8.1 64bits

Dropbox 102.4.431 don't works with Windows 8.1 64bits

mcruaro
Helpful | Level 5

After dropbox stucks in syncing, I tried everything until the point to format my PC and delete all files (except) one from dropbox online.

I reinstall windows 8.1 64 bits, install dropbox and the problem continued.

I format again and install ubuntu 18, problem fixed, however I need to use Windows.                               

I tried to install another windows, the windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits, and dropbox returns to work!

Important thing: the problem suddenly start to happen in all my PC running windows 8.1 64 bits.

I suspect that this last update broke something related to windows 8.1 64 bits compatibility (BUILD 9600).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox 102.4.431 don't works with Windows 8.1 64bits

mcruaro
Helpful | Level 5
Hi,
Well, I just went to Dropbox site and downloaded the available version in the home page (28. July. 2020). The version downloaded is 102.4.431.

The problem started on around 4 days ago, in my two windows 8.1 machines. My wife has a windows 10 and everything is working fine.

The window 8.1 is a fresh installation with express configurations settings. After install the windows and check internet connection, the first thing that I did was install Dropbox.

Yesterday I also discovered that running Dropbox in compatibility mode with windows 7 also solves the problem.

Best

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi @mcruaro, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Could you let me know if you're running the latest stable version of the desktop app (102.4.431)?

Could you try temporarily closing any third party app, like a security and antivirus software, that could be hindering the syncing process?

Let me know how it goes, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mcruaro
Helpful | Level 5
Hi,
Well, I just went to Dropbox site and downloaded the available version in the home page (28. July. 2020). The version downloaded is 102.4.431.

The problem started on around 4 days ago, in my two windows 8.1 machines. My wife has a windows 10 and everything is working fine.

The window 8.1 is a fresh installation with express configurations settings. After install the windows and check internet connection, the first thing that I did was install Dropbox.

Yesterday I also discovered that running Dropbox in compatibility mode with windows 7 also solves the problem.

Best

View solution in original post

WSUfan
New member | Level 2

Thank you.  After 5 days of research and many different remedies, your advice worked.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?