cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropbox App in my computer keep on re-sync all my files

Explorer | Level 4

I encounter the problem of my dropbox app keep on 'Starting...', 'Checking...' and Re-sync everything of my files. This happens when every time I tried to click the app icon on my status bar, it sync all over and over again.

This issue already happened 3 days and it's very frustrating when I have 100k++ files in my dropbox.

Please help, I'd restart and computer and reinstalled the Dropbox app, but it doesn't help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox App in my computer keep on re-sync all my files

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that, @Jiewong89

It sounds like your Dropbox folder contains a large amount of files, since you mention that:

@Jiewong89 wrote:

it's very frustrating when I have 100k++ files in my dropbox.

One way you can speed up your Dropbox is by using selective sync, which frees up space on your hard drive and lets you control which folders are being synced with your computer.

Let me know if you’re still having trouble even after selectively syncing some files and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that, @Jiewong89

It sounds like your Dropbox folder contains a large amount of files, since you mention that:

@Jiewong89 wrote:

it's very frustrating when I have 100k++ files in my dropbox.

One way you can speed up your Dropbox is by using selective sync, which frees up space on your hard drive and lets you control which folders are being synced with your computer.

Let me know if you’re still having trouble even after selectively syncing some files and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for the solution, It work.

Basically I'd uninstall Dropbox app from my computer and deleted my previous downloaded files, I redownload the Dropbox app and sync lesser files this time, so it works. Thanks

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Glad to hear that you were able to get it up and running again, @Jiewong89

If you have any other queries in the future, just give me a shout. Have a wonderful day ahead!

Lusil

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I'm having the same issue on my Mac and I have less than 5,000 files.  Everytime I use my Mac (when it's restarted and/or comes out of sleep mode), it resyncs all of my files.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @haya1299, thanks for reaching out to us!

As a first step, could you please confirm for me if you have the latest stable version of the desktop app (83.4.152) installed?

Could you also let me know what you see when you hover over the Dropbox icon on your menu bar?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Right now it says "Dropbox 83.4.152 Up to date".  I have not had the problem today, however it happens randomly and frequently.  If it matters, I'm on a Mac with macOS 10.14.6 Mojave.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for checking that out for me, @haya1299

I've followed up with a ticket to the email address connected to your Community profile, so when you have the chance, please check your inbox and we'll look into it together. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have the same exact issue - same Mac version of Mojave and same version of Dropbox when I hover over it.  Please let me know how you resolve this.  thanks!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @LouOSP, thanks for nudging us here.

I've followed up with an email so that we can have a better look into this since you've checked all the initial steps in advance - awesome work on that by the way!

I look forward to hearing back from you there - thanks!

Lusil

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?