cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox App on iPhone Won't Sign in to Dropbox - NSURLErrorDomain error -1012

Dropbox App on iPhone Won't Sign in to Dropbox - NSURLErrorDomain error -1012

PF8
Explorer | Level 3

Trying to sign into Dropbox on an iPhone 8, iOS 13.7, the pop-up says:

Sign-in Failed

The operation couldn't be completed.

NSURLErrorDomain error -1012

A web search indicates that Dropbox and the hardware aren't playing well together.  No apparent code fixes from Dropbox. 

Any ideas?

13 Replies 13

Re: Dropbox App on iPhone Won't Sign in to Dropbox - NSURLErrorDomain error -1012

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @PF8, thanks for posting on the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about this. Could you try uninstalling the app, rebooting your phone, and re-installing it?

Also, try signing in on another WiFi network, or using cellular data.

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Dropbox App on iPhone Won't Sign in to Dropbox - NSURLErrorDomain error -1012

PF8
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Jay.  I had tried similar ideas previously.  This time I removed the app, rebooted, upgraded to iOS 14.0.1, which reboots again, downloaded the app, tried WiFi and cellular.  Same result.

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information there @PF8

I'm not sure if this will help, but can you try resetting your network settings on your iPhone and try installing our mobile app again? 

To reset network settings, open the Settings app and navigate to Settings>General>Reset and tap on Reset Network Settings. 

Keep us posted! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

PF8
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Walter.  I removed the Dropbox app, reset the network settings, which reboots the iPhone, reloaded Dropbox, and still the same error code.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @PF8!

Would you mind sending a screenshot (excluding any personal info) of the error message that you're getting?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

PF8
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Daphne.  Attached is a screenshot of the mobile screen with the email redacted.

Dropbox NSURLErrorDomain -1012.png

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for the screenshot, @PF8

Could you also make sure that you have two or less already connected devices in your Security tab?

Let us know of any updates, cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

PF8
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Lusil.  There are four devices: a computer, a tablet, a previous iPhone and a current iPhone.

Previously, all three devices had been working fine.  Now just the computer and the tablet are working.  Are you saying that Dropbox now only supports two devices?

Lusil
Dropboxer

If you're a Basic user and you already have more than three devices linked (before March 2019), then all of your previously linked devices remain connected.

However, if you'd like to sign in to a new device, you must make sure that you have two or fewer devices linked, so that you can log in on the new one.

Having said that, could you clarify how many devices you have connected right now?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?