cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox App slow down MacBook Pro 2016 Mojave

Dropbox App slow down MacBook Pro 2016 Mojave

marcopassa
Explorer | Level 3

Hi everybody

since long time I have installed on my MacBook Pro 2016 (OS 1.14.6 Mojave) the Dropbox App, and everything worked just fine until 3 days ago. Now when the app starts, the computer turns extremely slow, the finder does not interact well, and the computer is basically blocked. When I turn off the app (which is hard but slowly it can be done) everything is back to normal, and the computer is working perfectly. What happens? I tried to reinstall the app, but does not change the situation. I guess there is some incompatibility, but don't know what changed.....

I hope someone can help me

Thank you!

Marco

7 Replies 7

Re: Dropbox App slow down MacBook Pro 2016 Mojave

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @marcopassa, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

Can you let me know which version of the app you have installed on your computer?

Also, does this happen when the app is trying to sync, or when it's showing "Up to date" in the sync status?

Let me know and we'll go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

marcopassa
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne

the app version is 104.4.175

It happens when the app is trying to connect and sync. The computer gets incredibly slow, especially the finder.

It worked since 3 days ago.

Looking forward for your help

Best regards

Marco

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for clarifying that for me @marcopassa!

Can you let me know if you have a lot of data trying to sync in your Dropbox account?

Also, do you see any progress in the sync status or does it appear to be stuck? If it appears to be stuck, please try these steps to see if that does the trick.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

marcopassa
Explorer | Level 3

Dear Dapne

I tried but basically it is impossible to do anything while the app is open. It starts opening and syncronizing, but the computer immediately slow down, I tried to follow the suggestions, but in the meanwhile the 'Turn on Accessibility' window appear (please note that it is on in my computer) and in few seconds the app closes. It starts again after 1-2 seconds and the whole situation is the same. This loop is again and again until I am able to close the app, and soon the computer is back to normal. The problem is that I don't have time to do anything, also because the pointer does not respond quickly (it takes 30 secs to open the dropbox window for instance). This is a really frustrating situation.....

Let me know what you think

I have around 4.54 giga used, out of a total of 7.38.

Best

Marco

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @marcopassa, could you try the steps in this article to see if this helps with the issue?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

marcopassa
Explorer | Level 3

did not work. It is the app that conflicts somehow with the OS. It opens and closes continuously, and block the other functions. I uninstalled it and work only on web....thank you for help

Marco

Jay
Dropboxer

I understand, let me know if you require any additional help in the future!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?