cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn about how Kev uses Dropbox to make sure he keeps track of all the new music he listens to? Check out his tips here

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox App wont open Mac

Dropbox App wont open Mac

lizart
New member | Level 2

I had to change my user name on my mac for Waves plugins to work, and now my desktop app for dropbox wont open. I've removed the app and deleted prefs, and Application support folder, and tried to reinstall, but it wont install either — getting that 'text box send to support' message.

Where is support??

2 Replies 2

Re: Dropbox App wont open Mac

Chris_J
Super User

Hello lizzart

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.  Sorry, you are having issues.  let's have you do an advanced reinstall.

take a look at this Help Center Article: https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/advanced-reinstall 

make sure the installer points to your actual Dropbox folder (so as to sync to original location)

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Re: Dropbox App wont open Mac

lizart
New member | Level 2

Ok giving that a try....

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

lizart New member | Level 2
    Chris_J Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?