cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Apple Silicon (M1) install

Dropbox Apple Silicon (M1) install

wwmiller3
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,

I recently purchased a MacBook Pro 13" with the M1 processor and I cannot seem to get a native install of Dropbox for this chipset. From searching the community, it seems like M1 support should be available in the latest installer. However, trying that plus the latest beta build all ask me to install Rosetta during installation. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Warren

184 Replies 184

TheAJKid
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I'm with this crowd. Where is Apple M1 support? I bought my M1 Mac Mini 2 months ago. It's already May 2021. Seriously looking into alternatives at this point. Been a longtime user and paid subscriber. 

Pascal0
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hey, I’ve got my new M1 MBP today and was shocked that Dropbox has no native app, really not expected this.

Dear Dropbox team, please update to a native and less ressource consuming app. Currently Dropbox has the highest energy consumption on my MacBook.

a4k04
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Backblaze has their backup client running natively now so we know it's not some API limitation on the new hardware from Apple. It'd be great just to get an update. Don't even need a timeline, just an acknowledgement that this is something being worked on.

Mannaffolki
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution
Exactly. Just a confirmation instead of a dead silent company. This non-communication is just getting plain rude by now.

dagget
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

+1

ledstereo
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Waiting too…

ledstereo
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I just got five stupid, pointless, emails about "ranking up", earning "kudos" and "You've earned a new badge!" just from making one post on here. Patronising, time wasting, idiotic marketing. This is not a videogame for six year olds. Is that the kind of garbage that Dropbox are spending their time on but sitting on their hands with the M1 release? Do Dropbox really think their users want badges and kudos? What an absolute joke. I wish the very worst on their marketing team.

Cancelling my sub.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey folks, I hope you're all doing well!

After checking in with our team, it seems they're still working on this.

We want to make sure that Dropbox is compatible with the latest systems, like many of you asked.

Your patience and feedback on this has been valuable, and much appreciated! 

If you need anything give us a shout.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

a4k04
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks for acknowledging this is something being worked on.

sjfarrell1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Sounds like there's still not an estimate on release or even a dev roadmap in place on this. Yikes.

Need more support?