cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Apple Silicon (M1) install

Dropbox Apple Silicon (M1) install

wwmiller3
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,

I recently purchased a MacBook Pro 13" with the M1 processor and I cannot seem to get a native install of Dropbox for this chipset. From searching the community, it seems like M1 support should be available in the latest installer. However, trying that plus the latest beta build all ask me to install Rosetta during installation. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Warren

184 Replies 184

Longtime User-Neuroscientist
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The lack of native M1 support, nearly a year after M1 appeared, is frankly unbelievable. Delaying til 2022 is absurd. Sounds like Dropbox is taking their long-time customer base for granted. I'll give them til the new year, but it sounds like they've given up on this segment of the market and vastly underestimated the speed and popularity of this new generation of Apple-silicon devices.

Please get it together, Dropbox.

JOfE
Experienced | Level 11
Go to solution

And despite of have NO Apple M1 integration Dropbox sales are UP! They makes MORE money every quarter, every year (2.2B!) !!! Has the world gone mad? Have they not seen this thread?? (And there is NO exploding head emoji! Oh that does it!!)

srsjason
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

did you fx it dropbox?

enrvuk
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I see this will be coming some time in the first half of next year. 

Any suggestions for an alternative? I have a yearly subscription, but I am quite willing to dump Dropbox to get over this battery draining piece of trash.

juanjoseluisgar
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Dear Dropbox, 

I still own an Intel Mac but Mx processors are the future. Leaving them behind is leaving behind Apple. I can see I was right in cancelling my subscription this year after 10 years of continuous premium plans.

JOfE
Experienced | Level 11
Go to solution

You are no longer a dropbox customer but you came back the dropbox forum to say you are no longer a customer? 🎈

juanjoseluisgar
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yes. I saw this on Twitter and I couldn't believe it. And yes I am no longer a PAID customer but thanks to "collaborators" I am even less willing to even keep using DropBox. If Dropbox can't compile for M1 then they should go home.

JOfE
Experienced | Level 11
Go to solution

Home to who? oh! of course!

@juanjoseluisgar MOM! Dropbox wont upgrade to M1 until NEXT year! I wont play with them anymore! They’re so dumb! Can you buy me an M1 mac so i can NOT have dropbox on it?

@Dropbox: Dear Mom, I created a company that changed the world of computing and the understanding of data. We made 2.2 billion dollars last year and continuously increase our number of users and revenues. We are working on multiple challenges for the future. But I can’t come home. Childish frustrations and adult sarcasm are a huge problem on our forum right now.

juanjoseluisgar
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Look @JOfE. Neither you nor I, have shares in Dropbox. I stopped using it because it was just a disk in the cloud and iCloud works better for my particular needs. The news I had is that they wouldn't support M1 at least there is more interest which by any objective fact it is suicidal for Dropbox.  I won't be discussing this any further. Just grow up and be less of a Fanboy.

enrvuk
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Posts on forums won’t change much. Bad press will and it’s now coming in.
Need more support?