cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Badge only showing in my Personal Account and not my Business Account

Dropbox Badge only showing in my Personal Account and not my Business Account

NicoP
Explorer | Level 4

Hi support

I have my personal and business accounts linked.

The dropbox badge is only showing on my personal account and not my business account. 

Every instructions from Dropbox help centre indicate that it should be the other way around. 

I have followed the checklist about issues with dropbox badge already. i have turned it on and off in my settings. this had no effect.

I am running the latest version of the app. i am running office 365 for Mac on automatic updates so am running latests office package.

I think dropbox app thinks my personal account is my business account? is that even possible??

thank you for your help

N

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox only showing in my Personal Account and not my Business Account

phoenix1408
Helpful | Level 6

hi nico!

unlinking&re-linking both my private & business-account fixed the issue for me.

no changes were made to my personal sync-setting during that process

hope that helps,

J

View solution in original post

phoenix1408
Helpful | Level 6
click "settings" in your desktop app - select "account" - click "unlink" on both your registered accounts.
i then restarted my pc & re-linked both accounts the same way i unlinked them using my desktop app

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

NicoP
Explorer | Level 4
sorry title above should say: "Dropbox Badge only showing in my Personal Account and not my Business Account"

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @NicoP - how are you today?

First off, sorry to hear about this and thanks for letting us know about the troubleshooting you've done so far. Moreover, note that I also changed the subject's line to match what you initially meant. 

If you’re not seeing the Dropbox badge, please check to ensure the following:

• You have the Dropbox desktop application installed on your computer ( currently our latest stable version is 53.4.67)

• The file you’re working on is actually saved in your Dropbox folder.

• The file you’re working on is a Microsoft Office document opened with Microsoft Office.

• The file isn’t currently open in “Protected View

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there Nico! Thanks!  

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

phoenix1408
Helpful | Level 6

hi walter!

exactly the same problem here...

any updates on that issue?

br,

j

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @phoenix1408 - sorry to hear that. Let's take a look into this. 

First off, can you please check and ensure all of the following:

1. You have the Dropbox desktop application installed on your computer.

2. The file you’re working on is saved in your Dropbox folder.

3. The file you’re working on is a Microsoft Office document opened with Microsoft Office.

4. The file isn’t currently open in “Protected View

Also, double check the Dropbox desktop application's Preferences menu (click on Dropbox icon, then gear icon, then Preferences) to make sure you haven't accidentally disabled the Dropbox badge at some point.

If the above conditions are met, but you still aren't seeing the Dropbox badge within your Dropbox for Business account, please let me know.

Thank you!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

NicoP
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Walter

thanks for your help on this. 

Dropbox support team told me it is probably becasue I am running the beta version of dropbxox app and not the latest stable version...

they told me to go into my settings untick the "keep me upated to latest releases" and then re-install the latest stable version of dropbox app.

apprently my files will be re-iondexing on my computer...

can you clarify the following?:

-           Do I need to deinstall the current version of dropbox app from my machine first?

-          I currently have carefully selected specific folders on my computer (sele=ctive sync) – as we have several terabytes of data stored on our business account. Once I download the latest stable version of dropbox app, will it automatically start syncing ALL files from our business account onto my computer or will it remember the folders I chose to selectively sync on my computer?

is there a way to stop it doing this from start by selcting the folders I want only before the app starts sincying?

This issue has happened to me before when downloading a new version of dropbox and I ended up spending a whole day having to reorganise ALL DATA stored on my computer because dropbox started syncing everything on my machine and filling up my disk with files I did not want stored there.

So I am a bit scared this may happen again!

Thank you very much for your help

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for keeping me in the loop @NicoP!

First off, to isolate the issue here, it's mandatory to see how this works on our stable version of the desktop application. Therefore, I would advise re-installing our software after uninstalling the BETA version to see if this will fix your issue with the Badge not showing on your business files.

I would suggest to take a screenshot of any Selective Sync settings you may have applied as well as the location of your Dropbox folder (if not in the default location) prior to re-installing, as you will need to match these settings upon re-install (to select your already established folder on your drive, after signing in and choosing which folders to sync, and before you click on "Open my Dropbox folder", you should see an "Advanced Settings" link, click on this).  

Let me know how this goes please. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

phoenix1408
Helpful | Level 6
hi walter!

fyi, i am running build 53.4.67

br,
j

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @phoenix1408 - I just reached out to you via email so we can look into this together internally with all of my tools available. Check your inbox for my message and we'll take it from there.

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

NicoP
Explorer | Level 4

OK, so I udpated to latest stable version of dropbox, reinstalled to 53.4.67. 

all files indexed. 

no difference.... still no badge. 

the badge option still shows on my personal account files whichnn is strange. 

plus, i don't have the otpion to switch the badge on and off in desktop app > settings 

what's going on?

not having the badge defies the point of using dropbox for our company as we will keep creating conflicting copies with shared files. really nee to fix this....

thanks for your help

N

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

lista New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropboxer
    NicoP Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?