cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Business will not download...

Dropbox Business will not download...

New member | Level 2

I have used Dropbox flawlessly for a few years. I recently upgraded my team to Business. Now I cannot get Dropbox Business to download.

During the install, my taskbar flickers and briefly disappears. Then install gets as far as the sign in screen. After I sign in and hit enter, the sign in window fades out, the wheel spins and it hangs indefintely. The Dropbox icon then appears in the taskbar. When I go to settings, there is an option to "Sign in" even though I am already signed in. 

I have been working with Dropbox support for 3 weeks and today they had me create a new user profile in Windows 10. I successfully downloaded DropBox Business within the new profile. The orginal profile and the new one both have admin rights. Any ideas what could be preventing the download in the orginal profile?  

Sorry about the sideways photos.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

3 Replies 3

Re: Dropbox Business will not download...

Dropboxer
Hey @P1E, thanks for taking the time to showcase the behavior on the screenshots! 

Following-up from what you’re describing, if you got the installation squared away on a new user profile, then that’s a strong indicator that there’s a local setting that’s interfering. If I may quickly ask, is it a device owned by your company? 

Generally speaking, you could systematically force-quit apps may be conflicting as you go & check the results, however your environment plays a major role in understanding the root cause. 

Even so, I’ll leave this question open to our Community of users in case someone has hit the same error message & determined the cause.

Thanks again for posting us here & enjoy the rest of your day! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

It is a company owned device, but we have a very simple set up and I am the de-facto admin. We don't have any over-arching software that prevents other software from being downloaded. 

Dropboxer
I understand @P1E, however it looks like that’s happening because that’s obstructing Dropbox from working as it should. 

If I were in your shoes, I’d suspect my Antivirus as the culprit if I have to be honest. Have you looked towards this direction perchance?

I’d be interested to know of the results. Even if the root cause is located elsewhere, please keep me posted on your findings here whenever you have a spare moment!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?