cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Directory not upoloading to Dropbox On-line

Dropbox Directory not upoloading to Dropbox On-line

Doug R.9
Helpful | Level 5

I have Dropbox Plus with 2 Tb of storage, and 50or so Gigs used.  My PC is on Win10 64-Bit.

Dropbox has been working beautifully for sharing the (large) video files I have been producing. Now, for no obvious reason, a whole directory from my PC Dropbox is not uploading to the on-line one, as you can see from this screenshot

Screenshot of equivalent computer and on-line DropBox contents

Can anyone suggest where I am going wrong, please? I need to share this file, and will have to use another on-line service to do so at the moment.

3 Replies 3

Re: Dropbox Directory not upoloading to Dropbox On-line

Doug R.9
Helpful | Level 5

Sorry - I should add that when I click on the Dropbox icon on my navbar, it terlls me Dropbox is up to date. In fact over 8 Gb of files are not synching.

Doug R.9
Helpful | Level 5

OK, I kept on with this, and then discovered that. although I assigned Dropbox to a folder on my G-Drive when I installed it, and have never moved it, there is now also a Dropbox directory in the default (C:/Users etc) location. Obviously this explains my problem (though how it happened is something else ...)

But if I try to move that direcory to G, it attemps to put it inside the existing Dropbox folder, or says there is already a Dropbox folder on that drive. Which of course I can't rename.

Seems to me I should shut this question down and look for a new solution to my new problem!

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @Doug R.9; how are you today?

I was checking back on this thread and I can see that you've managed to resolve your concern in the end.

I'm closing this thread in favor of that one to keep things neat around our Community - I hope you don't mind.

Cross-linking for reference:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Installs-integrations/Can-t-put-Dropbox-back-where-it-s-been-for-yea...

Cheers!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?