cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Excel online Copy Cells using Control to select nonconsecutive cells

Dropbox Excel online Copy Cells using Control to select nonconsecutive cells

KraftHomes
New member | Level 2

In Microsoft Excel you can select a cell, then hold the Ctrl key down and select nonconsecutive cells (left mouse click), then Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V and only those cells selected would be pasted.  When I do this using Dropbox Excel online, it behaves more like using the Shift key and copies and pastes everything from the upper most cell through the lower most selected cell.  Is there a setting or way to Copy and Paste only the 'Selected' cells??

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox Excel online Copy Cells using Control to select nonconsecutive cells

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @KraftHomes, thanks for reaching out.

This sounds something that's more on Microsoft's side, than on Dropbox's.

However, can you try using a different browser or an incognito/private browsing window, to check if it's showing the same behavior?

Let me know what you find!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?