cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Finder integration breaks Quick Look and thumbnails - Mac OS Mojave 10.14

Re: Dropbox Finder integration breaks Quick Look and thumbnails - Mac OS Mojave 10.14

Jay
Dropboxer
@jwvink, @irishetcher, would it be okay if we reach out to your email addresses associated with your forum profile in order to investigate this matter further?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Dropbox Finder integration breaks Quick Look and thumbnails - Mac OS Mojave 10.14

jwvink
Explorer | Level 3

@Jay no problem. You can contact me. I hope i can help to discover and desolve the problem.

irishetcher
Explorer | Level 3

Howdy,

Fixed my problem with the jpegs. It may not have been anything to do with Dropbox or Mojave. I fiddled with some graphics settings in the BIOS and all is good again.

Allyson B.
New member | Level 2

Same problem here. Tried upgrading to Mojave 10.14.2 and disenabling Finder integration, restarting, enabling Finder integration, restarting - neither resolved the issue. Following this in hopes of a fix soon.

3guk
Helpful | Level 5

Hey Guys,

If it's causing you issues you can just delete the dropbox quicklook plugin - sadly this recreates itself each time dropbox is started but you can work around that too:

In terminal use the following commands 

rm -r ~/Library/QuickLook/DropboxQL.qlgenerator

touch ~/Library/QuickLook/DropboxQL.qlgenerator

qlmanage -r

In short, the first command removes the quicklook generator that dropbox installs. The second command creates a new empty file, so that dropbox can't install it's quicklook plugin when it starts up. Then the last command restarts the QuickLook service that creates the thumbnails.

This works perfectly for me, until the dropbox guys can come up with a QLplugin that doesn't cause my system to hang.

matsev
New member | Level 2

@Jay wrote:
@jwvink, @irishetcher, would it be okay if we reach out to your email addresses associated with your forum profile in order to investigate this matter further?

@Hey @Jay

Is there any final fix to the Quick Look issue? I am managing a design agency of 40 people and we're all hanging there to see if there's a solution from DropBox coming up? 

thanks
Matteo

3guk
Helpful | Level 5

Matsev, If you use the fix that I mentioned it fixes the issue completely - at least as far as my testing and the other users in my office have found.

James

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @matsev, I don’t have any update on this matter as of yet. 

Would it be okay if we reach out to your email address associated with your forum profile to investigate this further?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

matsev
New member | Level 2

Thanks @Jay, that's alright with me. Looking forward to a solution 

best

m. 

hiimak
New member | Level 2

I'm having the same issue, have had it for quite some time. I have a business account also. Dropbox - please reach out to my email to help. 

@3guk -- may have to try your solution. Thanks!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

andrebetz New member | Level 2
    evatar New member | Level 2
    nick314 New member | Level 2
    WesHoover New member | Level 2
    goddardrj New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?