cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: finder integration disappearing

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @FesT, thanks for messaging today!

Could you try installing the Dropbox desktop application without uninstalling first to see if this repairs the Finder integration?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Dropbox Finder integration no longer showing - macOS Big Sur 11.1

Sandrokan
Explorer | Level 4

Sure, but that is only a temporary solution for me. After a  sleep/wakeup the issue is there again

kk_pa
Helpful | Level 5

I am still experiencing the same issue. There are things that have helped get it back, but only temporarily, and then it eventually disappears. I realize that if files are syncing it might not work, but I have nothing syncing and it is not showing in the Finder. So far the only thing that helps is going into System Preferences / Extensions / and toggling on and off of the Dropbox checkbox. If I do that, they reappear, but not permanently. Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 12.09.00 PM.png

Mjmackowski
Helpful | Level 5

I have the same problem. Running the latest Mac OS and latest Dropbox app. Right clicking on files in Dropbox folder in Finder does not show the link to share. I had to download the app and use that rather than directly (and more conveniently) from the Finder.

Tnono
New member | Level 2

This is affecting me too and it's incredibly frustrating. Why is there not a universal solution yet?

Markusjo
New member | Level 2

This is incredibly frustrating. Happening across all computers, as we all run dropbox as our server solution.

FesT
Helpful | Level 6

Hi @Jay,

I downloaded and installed the Dropbox desktop application without uninstalling first. But it doesn't changed anything. The finder integration didn't appear after the installation. The only thing that works at the moment is rebooting the mac, then the integration is there for some time until it disappears again.

Do you have any other Idea how to fix that?

tysonperry
Explorer | Level 3

FWIW, I have the same problem as the others in this thread...DropBox integration in Finder suddenly unavailable in recent days

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi everyone, would it be possible to contact you at the emails associated with your forum profile to investigate this matter in more detail?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

FesT
Helpful | Level 6
From my side go for it
Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Need more support?