cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox + HP connection fail

Dropbox + HP connection fail

CVP
Explorer | Level 4

So I just bought a new HP laptop and there's an offer of 25 gb of Dropbox space for a year. All I have to do is connect to my account with my username and password and it's good to go...

Every time I do, it tells me my email address or password is wrong. But it isn't. I can log into my Dropbox account just fine (on this same laptop) with those login details.

I have even tried changing my password to something else and using the new password. No dice. Honestly I don't understand.

And apparently it's impossible to get in direct contact with anyone at Dropbox. I just get directed to this forum. Is this because I'm a free user? I don't get customer support?

Not hopeful that anyone here can sort this issue, but apparently posting here is what I'm supposed to do, so here goes.

Thanks in advance if anyone does have any help or ideas to offer.

CV

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox + HP connection fail

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for giving me a nudge here @CVP!

I was looking into this for you, and I've replied back to you there recently with a short update on the matter.

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for posting @CVP, sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

Would you mind sending along a screenshot of the error that you're getting, excluding any personal info like your email address? The visual is always helpful.

Also, just to clarify, when you mentioned logging into Dropbox on the same device, are you referring to signing in through the website?

Let me know and we'll take it from there!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

CVP
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Daphne.

Thanks a lot for the reply. I appreciate it.

The screengrab below is the dialog box I'm supposed to use to activate the offer, but the error message itself is too fleeting for me to capture. It's a small red box overlaid on this dialog box at the top, which reads "Email address or password incorrect" (in French, of course):

dropbox_problem.PNG

Yes, when I said I could log in successfully on the same device, I mean using my browser to log in to my Dropbox through the  website.

Thanks again for any help you can give. I know it's only so that I can claim a freebie :upside_down: but I'd certainly like to take advantage of the offer.

CVP

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me so swiftly @CVP!

I'd like to have a better look into this with you via our Support channel, so we can check on some device specific info.

I've just sent you a message to your email, so please check your inbox when you have a moment and get back to me there. Cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

CVP
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Daphne.

I did reply to your email yesterday but have not received any response or acknowlegement. Did you not recevie it?

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for giving me a nudge here @CVP!

I was looking into this for you, and I've replied back to you there recently with a short update on the matter.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?