cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Help Chrome Keeps Opening Tabs

Dropbox Help Chrome Keeps Opening Tabs

X5
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I've actually never used dropbox in my life. I've never really given it much of a look nor have I had an account till a few moments ago. However, after starting up my laptop this morning, and stepping away for a while, I was greeted to this:

My google chrome screenshotMy google chrome screenshotAll of these tabs were opened. I attempted to restart my computer and the problem persisted. I saw another help request on this, however, it never really answered the question and I'd rather not factory reset my device as I have quite a bit to lose and nowhere else to put it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @afunk!

Just so as to have a clear image of the situation, have you also tried switching browsers or using incognito as well? Are you experiencing the same behavior there as well? 

Let me know any further info. Thanks! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @X5. Initially, have you tried switching browsers, using an incognito/private browser, and ensuring that you’re not running any extensions? Let me know! :innocent:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

X5
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I did try Firefox and the problem appeared there as well, though not nearly as frequently. I haven't tried incognito so I'll test that in a moment.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the prompt reply, @X5! No problem, let me know of any update. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

afunk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am also experiencing the exact same issue. I have not logged into Dropbox for months and suddenly it is very aggressively opening multiple tabs while I am reading articles online. I do not have the extension nor do I have auto save settings.  I'm a little over it. 

This started 08.08.18 at about 10: 30 am. I am using Chrome. 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @afunk!

Just so as to have a clear image of the situation, have you also tried switching browsers or using incognito as well? Are you experiencing the same behavior there as well? 

Let me know any further info. Thanks! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    afunk New member | Level 2
    X5 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?