cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Icon Window only shows history.

Dropbox Icon Window only shows history.

jgrnfld
Helpful | Level 6

After a Windows Update a couple of weeks ago my computer has become unstable as the Windows Explorer windows don't automatically refresh and things have just become weird. My Dropbox Icon used to show mw a window with Recent Files - Me and Shared - as well as notifications. Now it only shows History. Does anyone else have this problem?

Dropbox Icon Window.jpg

I did uninstall and reinstall the Dropbox App and that fixed it yesterday but today it's back to the History thing...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox Icon Window only shows history. (Solved)

jgrnfld
Helpful | Level 6

Okay. I reinstalled the Dropbox Desktop App and let it go through downloading 17,000 files for 7 hours and now it seems to have been repaired. I did a new Windows Update and it still works so I believe this is no longer an issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Re: Dropbox Icon Window only shows history.

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @jgrnfld,

Have you joined the Dropbox beta program (Early releases)? 🧐 If so, get out. 😉

Hope this helps.

Re: Dropbox Icon Window only shows history.

jgrnfld
Helpful | Level 6
I don't think I joined the Beta Program but I'll check, thanks.

Re: Dropbox Icon Window only shows history. (Solved)

jgrnfld
Helpful | Level 6

Okay. I reinstalled the Dropbox Desktop App and let it go through downloading 17,000 files for 7 hours and now it seems to have been repaired. I did a new Windows Update and it still works so I believe this is no longer an issue.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jgrnfld Helpful | Level 6
    Здравко Super Collaborator | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?