cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox-Icon in Win10 taskbar does not react to click, no menu appears

Dropbox-Icon in Win10 taskbar does not react to click, no menu appears

Sixtus
Helpful | Level 5

I use Dropbox 61.3.87 on a notebook. It has a 4k-display and is running on Windows 10.

Clicking on the Dropbox icon in the the menu is not showing. I tried reinstalling.

The issue seems to be related to 4k-displays. Some people have solved the issue by deleting two environment variables (`QT_HIGHDPI_AWARE=1` and `QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=1`), according to questions on StackOverflow. I don't have those variables on my system.

Any hints what to do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox-Icon in Win10 taskbar does not react to click, no menu appears

Sixtus
Helpful | Level 5

I found another environment variable:

QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO

It was set to "auto". I deleted it and restarted the system. The Menu is now working again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sixtus
Helpful | Level 5

I found another environment variable:

QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO

It was set to "auto". I deleted it and restarted the system. The Menu is now working again.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concern, @Sixtus, thanks for letting us know what worked for you.

Let me know if you have any other questions! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Robert10B
New member | Level 2

Thanks Sixtus!

I know this topic is almost two years old, but you helped me tremendously.

Since a few days I had a red square on my Dropbox icon, as an indication that I have unread notifications. 

The only way to dismiss the notifications is by using the popup menu on the toolbar icon. (There is no option on the web, nor on the setting dialog or on the right-click menu. (Stupid if you ask me...)) But, the popup menu would no show because of the same issue you had. 

I reinstalled Dropbox a few times, but the menu still would not show. 

I solved it by removing the environment variable QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR which I need for other software because of my high-dpi display... This fixes the problem of the menu not showing. 🙂

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Robert10B New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropboxer
    Sixtus Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?