cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Icons on EXPLORER files and folders missing but visible in Open and Save As Dialog Boxes

Dropbox Icons on EXPLORER files and folders missing but visible in Open and Save As Dialog Boxes

Andreas_HH
Explorer | Level 3

The Dropbox icons are gone when I use the Windows 10 explorer including the . I tried everything I could find in the web to fix it without success. It took me 2 days now.

I noticed: In the Windows 10 explorer, no Dropbox icons are shown and no Dropbox context menu entries are shown ( Dropbox share..., copy Dropbbox Link, show on Dropbox)

But in most Open and Save As Dialog Boxes - like Word OpenDialog - all icons are visible, all context menu entries are shown. E.g. the Open Dialog of NOTEPAD doesn't show icons and menus.

I reeinstalled several times, ranked the overlay identifiers, moved der Dropbox folder. Now I have no idea what else I could try. May be you.

Thanks Andreas

20 Replies 20

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Hey @Till_P, thanks for the nudge!

As we’ve been working on that since August, I’ve sent you a brief message to have a closer look at the device causing you trouble cross-checking on the info I have on file. Please have a look at the inbox connected to your Community profile & we’ll go from there. 

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    Till_P Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?