The content you are looking for has been archived. View related content below.
So the tittle tells you guys pretty much everything. I've just made a clean install of Windows 7 (Home Premium) on my girfriends laptop since I putted an SSD drive. I installed everything with any trouble but this is driving me crazy. I downloaded the dropbox installer but it won't start. I mean the confirmation message of executing the file appears, but after that doesn't happen and I mean ANYTHING. The window dissapear and there is no instalator process running, no error messages, just anything.
I thing I readed every post about this and I can't reach a solution. I tried all of this:
- Deactivate the antivirus (I'm using Avast Free) and the windows firewall
- Try to install it from an offline installer (same thing happened, just disappear after first confirmation "are you sure to run..." window)
- Try to execute the installer with administrator privileges and in compatibility mode
- Try to install it in Safe Mode and in Safe Mode w/network
- Try to download the installer from a different laptop copy to my girfriend's one in a pendrive
- I also did a CCleaner registry check and nothing came up
- The only thing it happen after this non-install is that in %LOCALAPPDATA% folder a Dropbox folder appears with another folder in it call "crash" or "crash reports" and it's empty. Obviously I tried delete and also not-delete the folder after every attempt.
And honestly I'm running out of ideas. I don't want to make another clean Windows 7 installation since all the other installer (Firefox, Chrome, Spotify, the AV, Autocad, ect) won't make any issue. Also I can't upgrade to Windows 10 since the laptop (a Pavilion dv7 HP) isn't compatible and it has the Win7 OEM original.
So if anyone can help me with this it'll sooo much apreciated it.
Thanks in advance guys,
Hello Daphne, first of all, thank you for taking the time and answer me.
Well, I looked and followed all the steps detailed ther before writting my message buy there was no luck. Anyway, I manage to solve this, I accidentally choose "no" in one of my tries when I executed the installer (on that message that tells you if you are sure to proceed with administrator privileges) and the installer returns me a message that says Dropbox can also be installed without the administrator privileges, if I want to go on, so I press yes and it went perfect.
The online installer works and I was able to log in and sync everything. So is still a mistery but after all it works, the laptop has only one user and is an administrator one.
So, it seems to be solved, buy I don´t know why.
It's a personal computer. I haven't been able to follow the instructions because I can't see them. That was my question from before. I only see this (attached)
Hey @marcelachaves, just to make sure that we're on the same page, when you launch the installer, do not pop-ups come up?
If you get any error messages, please send us a screenshot of them.
Hi @marcelachaves ! I've just read your question, I found the solution by accident: when I execute the installer on Windows 7 the first message is the Windows 7 pop-up question that say if you are sure to execute this program with administrator privileges, I choose "NO" and the dropbox installer, instead of doing nothing, give me a message saying dropbox can be install without administrator privileges, and if I want to continue that way. So I went with that and it installed dropbox perfectly, it syncronize and is working properly. Hope this is any help for you!
The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.Sound good? Let's get started.
For more info on available support options, see this article.
If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!