cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Issues with Mac OS Mojave

Dropbox Issues with Mac OS Mojave

Andrew O.10
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Users on Mac OS Mojave are experiencing an issue with Dropbox, their computers have become extremely slow. It works fine when Dropbox is not running.

When Dropbox app is relaunched, it takes about 30 minutes then it tries to sync files and that never stops.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Does anyone know how we fix this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tantris
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

THANK YOU, firstlooks!

Your instructions finally worked, whereas everything else had failed. More detailed instructions for deleting the hidden folder can be found here:

https://help.dropbox.com/desktop-web/advanced-reinstall

View solution in original post

51 Replies 51

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi Andrew, does this same issue occur for all users using Mojave?

Is it possible that they have symlinks on their devices? I’d recommend try checking out this article to see if any of those steps help.

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

faxao
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

same problem here: since on macOS Mojave 10.4 the Dropbox app is stuck on "connecting" and won't sync my 1Password folder with other Apple devices (they perfectly sync between them, only the iMac won't). This is a BIG problem as you can imagine.

Wolfie
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I installed Mojave on my iMac a few weeks back and everything worked perfectly excpet Dropbox which completely killed my machine. As werun our entire business through Dropbox, I had to go through an extremely painful 3 day process to revert the machine  to High Sierra which is now running perfectly. Too scared to try Mojave again. Couldn't find anything online about similar issues at the time, but what you're descibing is exactly what happend to me. I'm afraid I don't have a solution otehr tjan to uninstall and revert back - itself a very complicated process.  

faxao
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I am afraid I will be forced to "drop" Dropbox as there is no way to make it working on my iMac (Mojave) and I need to sync my files, especially the 1Password ones

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi again everyone, could you check if you’re running the beta version of the Dropbox desktop app? 

You can do install our latest stable version by unchecking the box next to "Early releases" here and then redownload the app.

Keep me posted with any updates!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

faxao
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi running the version 60.4.107 and yes the "Early releases" box was already unchecked. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the Mac app three times but no luck: always in the "connecting" mood......

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @faxao, if the app is loading, but you’re getting that error, then there is a possibility that a proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router issues that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains.

I’d recommend checking those out to see what could be affecting the Dropbox desktop application and preventing it from connecting.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Evochee
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have the same problem: Can you estimate whether you will find a solution, and how soon, or do we have to switch back to Sierra? Hopefully you can do something about this, because otherwise Mojave is working very well!

Eric O.6
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Under Mojave, dropbox renders my computer unusable after about 10 minutes.  It looks like the problem is I/O requests—either too many of them building up or somehow each one of them taking too long, but if I leave dropbox on, my laptop becomes completely unusable.   If I turn off Dropbox, the computer recovers quite quickly.  I have a lot of files on Dropbox, and use selective sync to turn them off.  I here's hoping somewhat at Dropbox is paying attention to this.

Need more support?