Running DropBox (Basic) on my Mac Pro (Catalina 10.15.7), MacBook Pro & iPhone for years without a problem!
For the past week, the Sync Icon has displayed constantly on the Mac Pro's Menu and on 3 of 6 Folders
The SYNC Icon is not rotating
The SYNC Icon does not appear on either the MacBook Pro or iPhone Menu items or Folders
Appreciate any advice!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hello there @DocJMB, I hope you're well today!
To have a better idea of the current sync status, can you click the Dropbox icon in your menu bar and let me know what it's reporting there?
Do you see any progress in the status or does it indeed seem to be stuck?
If there are any errors, please send along a screenshot.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Hi there @DocJMB; I'm sorry to jump in here, but could you give the following steps a go?
1. Make sure the Dropbox desktop application is running
2. Click on the Dropbox icon in your menu bar and then click your profile picture or initials
3. Select 'Preferences'
4. Click on the 'Account' tab
5. Hold down the 'Option/Alt' key
6. Click on the 'Fix Permissions' button (make sure you're still holding down the 'Option/Alt' key)
7. You may be prompted for your a username and password, this is your computer login credentials, not your Dropbox account ones.
If the above steps don’t resolve your issue, please repeat steps 1→5, but at step 6, this time click on the “Fix Hardlinks” button.
Give the app some time to sync and let us know if syncing gets stuck again.
Glad to hear the latest, stable build of our desktop app did the trick for you, John.
Thanks for keeping us in the loop and see you around the Community!
The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.Sound good? Let's get started.
For more info on available support options, see this article.
If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!