cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Notifications stopped working

Dropbox Notifications stopped working

John H.36
New member | Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have Dropbox installed on a Windows 8.1 machine and all has been working fine until recently the pop-up notifications have stopped working when a file is changed on another PC.

I am on the latest version and Dropbox support have no idea.

Can anyone suggest anything?

For example, is there a service which needs to be running for this to work?  I can then have a look in Services to see if its started?

Any help would be gratefully received as I need to know when a change happens.

Many thanks.

John

20 Replies 20

Re: Dropbox Notifications stopped working

Rich
Super User II

Is the option still enabled in Dropbox Preferences? Note that is shows as disabled in the following screenshot.

></p>
<p> </p>

John H.36
New member | Level 1

Hi Rich,

It is enabled, yes.

Rick M.
Experienced Collaborator | Level 13

Are the Personal Notifications activated here:

https://www.dropbox.com/account

?

John H.36
New member | Level 1

Thanks Rick M

I have checked and there don't appear to be any settings to enable or disable desktop notifications.  Virtually all the notifications, for things like Dropbox almost full, new device connected etc. are all ticked.

I checked all three tabs in there and I cannot see any such setting?

John

Sonic A.
New member | Level 1

My situation seems to be the same as what John H described.
I'm not sure how recently, but most likely within the past couple of months, I stopped seeing notifications that others had placed files in my dropbox folder(s). I was also receiving e-mail notifications - those have ceased as well, which means I have to log into dropbox in order to check various folders, to see which shared users have delivered files. I was never using the desktop app, and I was receiving e-mail notifications previously. At this time, there does not seem to be a setting in my account which enables or disables such notifications; however, I was certainly receiving them until sometime within the past couple of months. Did something change, regarding the account settings?

Rick M.
Experienced Collaborator | Level 13

Have you joined a team or merged accounts recently? Double check what email DB has for you.

John H.36
New member | Level 1

Rick M.

No I haven't joined a team or merged accounts.  The email I use has been unchanged for 2 years.

I am not aware I have changed anything apart from adding / updating files, and creating a few new folders etc.

John

Julien M.2
New member | Level 1

Hello,

I have had the same problem for the past few weeks, has anyone found a solution yet?

Julien

Sonic A.
New member | Level 1

Well, this looks like yet another forum of the blind leading the blind, since the members who genuinely try to offer solutions can only guess, and we can all play twenty questions with one another for a year or so until the threads die. I wonder what makes it so difficult for one of the devs to actually jump in and help out with these issues? They had me as a paying Business customer a while back, but the level of help / service was exactly as poor as this, so it was hardly worth paying for being ignored.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Brandonr94 New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropboxer
    Toferrob27 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?