cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Paper - Slack Integration Not Working

Dropbox Paper - Slack Integration Not Working

danicabarnes
Helpful | Level 5

I successfully installed the Dropbox Paper app in Slack, but when I use the /paper [search term] command, it is unable to find any of my docs. The only time the search returns any results is when I type this: /paper Untitled  This returns a ton of results. When I click on these results, it takes me to docs in my Dropbox that aren't named Untitled. It's like the Slack app thinks all of my docs are called Untitled.

Also, when I try to create a new doc with /paper new [title], I get "http_service_error"

Can someone help with either of these issues?

8 Replies 8

Re: Dropbox Paper - Slack Integration Not Working

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @danicabarnes; welcome to our Community!

I'd really like to look into this matter with you; would it be OK if I reached out via the email address that's connected to your profile here so we can work on this together? 

While we're at it, could you restart Slack for me and let me know if you're still seeing the same behavior? 

Thanks! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

danicabarnes
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks, Walter. Yes, you can message me at the email address connected to my profile. I restarted Slack and am still seeing the same behavior.

icrosby
Helpful | Level 7

I am also having a problem with Dropbox Paper search results in Slack. I get no search results at all unless I type the beginning of the name of a Dropbox Paper file exactly. Searching on strings that are within the title of a document, or on the contents of documents, returns no results. 

When I do get a result be typing the exact beginning of a file name, I only get a single result, even if there are multiple files that begin with the same text. 

Is all of this by design, or is there some configuration I am overlooking? If the former, then the integration is not very useful.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi peeps; how are you today?

I just sent you both a brief message so we can investigate further.

Whenever you get the chance, please take a look at your inboxes and we'll take it from there. 

Until we speak again, have a lovely weekend and stay safe @danicabarnes & @icrosby

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

tarnation
New member | Level 2

Was this issues resolved? I am having the same problem not being able to create a new paper document. Thanks!

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @tarnation; thanks for joining our discussion and sorry to hear you're also having issues with creating new docs when using the Slack integration for Paper. 

As I'd like to get a better view of the matter at hand, can I send you an email to the address that's associated with your profile here on our Community so we can have a further look into this?

Let me know here when you get the chance and we'll take it from there. 

Have a lovely weekend in the meantime! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

cupper3
New member | Level 2
I have the same problem as outlined in the OP.

Can you please advise what the solution is?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @cupper3; thanks for joining our discussion here!

The Dropbox Paper-Slack integration was built for the original Paper version. If you are new to Dropbox, you are on the newest Paper 2020 release.

We are still working on adding the features from the original Paper to the new version. 

I don't have a timeframe on the Slack feature being added to the newest version of Dropbox Paper, however, I will make sure to keep you posted through this thread. 

I hope this helps! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?