cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Paper sign-in failing

Dropbox Paper sign-in failing

JewLeah
Helpful | Level 5

Every time I try to open my Dropbox Paper App on my MacBook (big Sur 11.2.1), it quits, telling me that it couldn't sign me in for 'unknown reason'. I have a LOT of paper files open so wonder if it's struggling to cope. But it won't stay open long enough for me to close any. Is it possible to close files via the Dropbox app or webpage? Any other suggestions why Paper is failing to sign in?

12 Replies 12

Re: Dropbox Paper sign-in failing

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @JewLeah, thanks for contacting us!

Could you try uninstalling the app, rebooting the device, and re-installing it to see if this helps?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

JewLeah
Helpful | Level 5
Thanks Jay. I deleted Paper but I couldn't find where to download it again. The links kept taking me to Dropbox installers. So I tried to delete Dropbox too, hoping the download would re-install both. But even when I closed the Dropbox app, it kept telling me I can't move it to trash as it's still open. But I'm not even sure where to find the Paper installer? Will it upload automatically if I can reinstall Dropbox?

JewLeah
Helpful | Level 5
P.S. I'm using a MacBook Pro

Jay
Dropboxer
Try visiting the Paper site and click the ? on the bottom right, to see if you get the link to the installer. 

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

JewLeah
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks Jay. I've reinstalled Dropbox successfully but I still can't find a link to install the Paper app. When I go to the Paper site it only has a link to install Dropbox again.

Jay
Dropboxer
Could you try opening a Paper doc and then click the ? icon to see if you get the option?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

JewLeah
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks Jay. I've tried that - but there's no option. I've also tried clicking the "open in app" button from the Paper doc inside the web browser - but since I no longer have the app on my Mac, nothing happens. My main problem is I cannot find a link to download and install the Paper app again. The only Paper app in the App store says it is for iPhones & iPads only. Can anyone confirm if there is still an app for Mac desktops or if it has been discontinued? If there is one, please send me the link so I can download it. Thank you.

Jay
Dropboxer
Thanks for the update, would it be possible to contact you at your email on your profile to look into this further? 

Jay
dropbox.com/support

JewLeah
Helpful | Level 5
Yes, of course. Thank you Jay.
Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?