cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Paper sync with Google Chrome not working

Dropbox Paper sync with Google Chrome not working

saahilk
New member | Level 2

When I'm using Dropbox Paper in Chrome, I keep getting the following message: "Sorry, there’s an issue connecting to the network. Once it reconnects, you’ll be able to edit your doc." 

I thought it might be a firewall/internet connection issue, but I was suprised to see that Dropbox Paper is working just fine in Internet Explorer. The problem is that it is IE though, and that DB Paper doesn't support working with IE. There are a number of advanced functions (like "Present") that work very poorly in IE, but even some of the simpler 'copy-paste' functionality doesn't work. 

Help please!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox Paper sync with Google Chrome not working

Jane
Dropboxer

Hey saahilk

Thanks for your timely reply! 

Hmmmm... I'm afraid to say that the most possible scenario is that your company’s IT admin has disabled the access to the Dropbox website or to Dropbox Paper through the browser settings, so you’ll have to contact them directly, in order to remove the restriction. As a temporary workaround, you can use Edge, since it seems that you can access Paper there. If you could download a new browser (like Mozilla for instance), it would most probably help you resolve this issue. 

If you have more questions, just let me know here! 

Warm regards, 
JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jane
Dropboxer

Hey saahilk

Welcome to the Dropbox Community, glad to go through some steps with you!

Just to check whether it 's a browser or a plug-in issue, could you please try to load Dropbox Paper on an incognito window in Chrome and let me know if this issue persists with all browser extensions disabled?  

Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Warm regards, 
JaneA

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

saahilk
New member | Level 2

Hi JaneA, my chrome doesn't seem to have the incognito option. It might be because I'm working on a work computer. Is that a problem? 

Jane
Dropboxer

Hey saahilk

Thanks for your timely reply! 

Hmmmm... I'm afraid to say that the most possible scenario is that your company’s IT admin has disabled the access to the Dropbox website or to Dropbox Paper through the browser settings, so you’ll have to contact them directly, in order to remove the restriction. As a temporary workaround, you can use Edge, since it seems that you can access Paper there. If you could download a new browser (like Mozilla for instance), it would most probably help you resolve this issue. 

If you have more questions, just let me know here! 

Warm regards, 
JaneA

Jane
dropbox.com/support

J. H.
New member | Level 2

I agree.  Almost certain that it is adminstratively disabled.  HTP

Jane
Dropboxer

Hey J. H

Hope this gets resolved soon for you after you contact your admin!

Because your opinion really matters to us, would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using the Dropbox Community? Please include your feedback and let us know if there's anything we can do to improve! You can access it here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT 

Please reach out here at any time if you have other Dropbox questions. Wishing you a great rest of the week! 

Warm regards, 
JaneA

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropboxer
    J. H. New member | Level 2
    saahilk New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?