cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Passwords - synch on Android phone

Dropbox Passwords - synch on Android phone

wendivad
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I ask for support as something is clearly wrong with the Android app – it will not synch up passwords and data held correctly on my laptop and desktop. These 2 stay in synch. The only way to synch the phone version that I’ve found to work is to install and reinstall. This is useless as I have no intent on doing this every time I change something.
Please fix this problem!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

wendivad
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Lori,

An update for you. One of your support team (Jake) had me uninstall both Dropbox and Dropbox Passwords on my phone, turn off the phone completely and then restart. Then reinstall Dropbox followed by Dropbox Passwords. This fixed the issue.

I am happy to talk to you via email but my ask is that the development team take a look at what is going on with updates as clearly my app worked before and something "broke". Jake seemed to be aware of the potential issue and to his credit it was a quick fix. However (and I've worked in software development) it would make more sense if you alerted folks to the correct way to apply an update if it cannot be done automatically. I have my phone set to receive updates and apply automatically so I am always current on apps.

Thanks,

Dave

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @wendivad, thanks for posting your question here! 

Would you mind clarifying the OS you have installed on your device? 

Also, do you have a problem with new passwords not getting saved, or maybe when you change a password that has not updated? 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

wendivad
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Lori,

I am running a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra with Android 11.

I also have a desktop and laptop running Windows 10. Both of these keep in synch i.e. if I add a new account or change a password on either, the change is picked up by the other.

This is not happening on the phone. The only way I have found to get an update is to uninstall/reinstall and then that is only good until the next change made on laptop/desktop.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks a lot @wendivad!

Let me know if I would be good to reach out to you via email, so we can have a closer look into this together. 

Thanks!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

wendivad
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Lori,

An update for you. One of your support team (Jake) had me uninstall both Dropbox and Dropbox Passwords on my phone, turn off the phone completely and then restart. Then reinstall Dropbox followed by Dropbox Passwords. This fixed the issue.

I am happy to talk to you via email but my ask is that the development team take a look at what is going on with updates as clearly my app worked before and something "broke". Jake seemed to be aware of the potential issue and to his credit it was a quick fix. However (and I've worked in software development) it would make more sense if you alerted folks to the correct way to apply an update if it cannot be done automatically. I have my phone set to receive updates and apply automatically so I am always current on apps.

Thanks,

Dave

Need more support?