cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Passwords with Mobile Browsers on iphone doesn't ask for touch id when autofilling

Dropbox Passwords with Mobile Browsers on iphone doesn't ask for touch id when autofilling

sj2021
Explorer | Level 3

On iphone, iOS 14.6, on Chrome Browser 93.0.4577.78, when using Dropbox Passwords to fill-in site login information, from within the browser,  on any site that I have saved in Dropbox Passwords, it does not ask for a Touch-ID verification before completing the autofill, regardless if I have Dropbox Passwords App locked or not. In fact I can simply use that autofill dialogue to search and view ANY of my passwords kept in Dropbox passwords without unlocking the Dropbox Passwords App or verifying with Touch-ID.

Safari browser on iphone is slightly better, in that it will require Touch-ID before auto-filling the selected password into the site, but also allows search and viewing of, again, ANY password in my Dropbox Passwords without unlock or Touch-ID verify.

How do I get these browsers to ask for touch-id for any password fill from Dropbox Passwords, and for ANY access to passwords themselves?

3 Replies 3

Re: Dropbox Passwords with Mobile Browsers on iphone doesn't ask for touch id when autofilling

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @sj2021, thanks for reaching out to our Community. 

Do you have any other browser that you can test this on?

And are you logged in to your Dropbox account in Chrome? How about if you log out of it, do you see any different behavior?

Let me know what you find.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Dropbox Passwords with Mobile Browsers on iphone doesn't ask for touch id when autofilling

sj2021
Explorer | Level 3
Hi! Thanks for replying!
I have only the two browsers on my iPhone. I was not logged into Dropbox on either browser, and had the Dropbox Passwords App locked and closed out.

Hannah
Dropboxer
I see. Thanks for the update here!

I would actually suggest you open a ticket with our support team about this, so they can assist you in more depth.

You can contact them from this page.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
    sj2021 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?