cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Passwords won't log in

Dropbox Passwords won't log in

Explorer | Level 4

Hello!

I have two Dropbox accounts: one Basic e another Plus. Then I installed Dropbox Password but I can't log in by using my Plus account. 

When I click on "Acessar" ("Sign In"), it pops up a window so I can choose the account:

Captura de Tela 2020-11-12 às 12.50.03.png

Then it comes up this message to try Dropbox Plus or, if I have Plus, I can sign in. Then I have that window again to choose the account…

Captura de Tela 2020-11-12 às 12.54.11.png

Anyone could help? Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox Passwords won't log in

Dropboxer

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here @Alvaro B.!

From what you've mentioned, it seems like one of your accounts (most likely the Plus account) are part of a free team structure, which should be what is causing this behaviour.

If your Plus account is the one under the free team structure, then you will need to leave the free team in order to be able to sign into the Passwords app.

Please just bear in mind that this will mean that you can no longer have your Basic and Plus account linked, in order to sync both accounts locally.

To check which account is under the free team, you can check the Plan page online here and check under where it notes "Plus/Basic" to see if it says that you're part of a team.

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Dropboxer

Hi there @Alvaro B., I hope you're well today!

Can you clarify for me, do you have one of these accounts installed on your computer already via the Dropbox desktop app (not the Passwords app)?

Let me know and we can take it from there!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Daphne,

Thanks for the response. I have both accounts installed on my computer via the Dropbox desktop app.

Finally, I could sign in to Dropbox Passwords by using a Plus trial from my Basic account, which I don't want. I'd like to use the Plus account I already have, but Dropbox Passwords doesn't accept, as I showed in the screenshots.  

Some additional detail:

In that window where I should choose an account, there is a link at the bottom to use a different account. When I click on it, it's open a page in the browser that shows both accounts to choose one. When I click on my Plus account, it appears the window that offers the trial of Dropbox Plus.

Captura de Tela 2020-11-13 às 11.21.00.png

I also tried to install Passwords on my iPhone but it doesn't recognize my Plus account as well. 

Explorer | Level 4

Hey @Daphne! Have you figured out something about that?  

Dropboxer

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here @Alvaro B.!

From what you've mentioned, it seems like one of your accounts (most likely the Plus account) are part of a free team structure, which should be what is causing this behaviour.

If your Plus account is the one under the free team structure, then you will need to leave the free team in order to be able to sign into the Passwords app.

Please just bear in mind that this will mean that you can no longer have your Basic and Plus account linked, in order to sync both accounts locally.

To check which account is under the free team, you can check the Plan page online here and check under where it notes "Plus/Basic" to see if it says that you're part of a team.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Explorer | Level 4

@Hi @Daphne 

Thanks for your help.

Now it's working! 

Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that @Alvaro B.!

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to give me a nudge here. :beaming face with smiling eyes:

Hope you have a great rest of your week!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

New member | Level 2

I have the same problem but if I go to teams I got redirected to a billing page

Dropboxer

Hi there @ferryvanmaurik; welcome aboard!

Can you please confirm if you are following the steps outlined here?

If you do and still get an error, could you send us a screenshot to advise further? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

New member | Level 2

When I open Dropbox password, I got redirected to logon with my dropbox account but then I end up on a page that I have to start using dropbox plus which I have, I did downgrated from a business account before

Screenshot 2020-12-23 at 14.43.02.pngScreenshot 2020-12-23 at 14.43.09.pngScreenshot 2020-12-23 at 14.43.17.png

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?