cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Project Infinite - this is AWESOME

Dropbox Project Infinite - this is AWESOME

Razvan Boxifier
Collaborator | Level 10

"Project Infinite will enable users to seamlessly and securely access all their Dropbox files from the desktop, regardless of how much space they have available on their hard drives. Everything in the company’s Dropbox that you’re given access to, whether it’s stored locally or in the cloud, will show up in Dropbox on your desktop. If it’s synced locally, you’ll see the familiar green checkmark, while everything else will have a new cloud icon."

https://blogs.dropbox.com/business/2016/04/announcing-project-infinite/

I haven't been this excited about a Dropbox feature in years!

Anyone else excited about this?

13 Replies 13

Re: Dropbox Project Infinite - this is AWESOME

Richard P.
Super User alumni

Finally, is all I can say 🙂  Enough people have been asking for something like this - lets see what account level this will be available at before we all get too excited tho, as it might just be Business/Enterprise.

Nikita A.
New member | Level 1

It would be a shame for them to just be enterprise level. This exact feature or lack of it is one of the reasons I've been considering getting rid of dropbox and using something like WD mycloud. I hope it's rolled out soon and to non-business/enterprise users. 

salukitd
Collaborator | Level 8

This is YUUUUGE!  Hopefully at least it goes down to PRO users!

Elijah L.
New member | Level 1

We are on Enterprise. How do we tell if we have this? I don't see any indication of it working right now.

Mark
Super User II

Elijah - it isnt launched yet.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Robert S.
Super User alumni

As the blog post says, it's currently available to a select group of sponsor customers.

No ETA yet on wider rollout.

Mike G.32
New member | Level 1

Hey Dropbox, any updates on this?

Robert S.
Super User alumni

Sorry Mike, nothing more to tell you yet. Keep an eye on the company blogs, that's usually where breaking news appears first.

Alen W.
New member | Level 1

Unluckily Dorpbox has charged me the Dropbox Pro for another year.

Up to this moment, there isn't any timeline or news on whether Dropbox Pro can enjoy this feature. I think Dropbox can improve their revenue from personal users with this feature enabled by selling additional space while some users may start dumping file exceeding the 1TB limit. However, it depends on whether Dropbox would like to earn that little money from personal users.

To avoid paying two cloud providers at the same time, I will be sticking to Dropbox for this year and switching to pCloud next year if Infinite doesn't come. 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mrleeinsf New member | Level 2
    SwanCobb Collaborator | Level 10
    dcf New member | Level 2
    Alen W. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?