cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Setup wizard does not launch after install

Dropbox Setup wizard does not launch after install

Shane S.
New member | Level 1

Been battling an issue for about a month now. Even put in a ticket with Dropbox but apparently they are too busy to help....

Windows 7 PC

About a month ago I noticed that my dropbox was not syncing with my dropbox account. Folders and files that I was putting into my dropbox folder from my PC was not showing up anywhere on my other dropbox accounts, including the dropbox.com. The same was true in reverse.

I uninstalled dropbox, figuring that maybe a re-install would help. But Dropbox does not appear to finish installing. When I launch the installer, it 'completes' but then nothing happens after that. The setup wizard that I remember would ask if you have an account or not does not pop up. The installation just stops. When I try launching dropbox from start menu, nothing happens either.

Please help!

8 Replies 8

Re: Dropbox Setup wizard does not launch after install

Aarón__
Dropboxer

Hi Shane,

I hope you've already solved your issue installing Dropbox on your computer. If not, could you please try downloading and installing the latest stable version from the Dropbox website?

https://www.dropbox.com/install

I hope this helps!

phil l.1
New member | Level 2

Hello, I have exactly the same issue!

Shane S.
New member | Level 1

Aaron,

I tried doing this and still could not install properly. I've tried several things such as uninstalling virus software and turning off my windows firewall.

Thoughts?

phil l.1
New member | Level 2

Hello Aaron,

The only way for me to get rid of this bug after numerous attempts to fix it was to reinstall my Asus' computer, a major hassle but I was lucky as my computer was brand new. As a result of this bug, I cancel my monthly subsription to Dropbox. Not sure that it helps you, but this is my contribution.

Jun L.
New member | Level 1

Hello Shane S.

I have the same issue, have you already fix it ?

Ed
Dropboxer

Hi all

Which OS are you using? Did you have problems installing Dropbox in any other device?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Jun L.
New member | Level 1

Hi Ed,

My OS is Win7, 64bits.I can not lauch the installer.exe, nothing would happen, no errors, no messages... also the setup wizard never come up.

But I can install the old version 3.4.6, however I can not sign in as it tell me to install newest version. 

Do you have any idea to solve this problem?

Thanks

Ed
Dropboxer

Can you try the offline installer? https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?full=1&os=win

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ed Dropboxer
    Jun L. New member | Level 1
    phil l.1 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?