cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Sync Slowing Down My Computer?

Dropbox Sync Slowing Down My Computer?

PDR1234
Explorer | Level 3

I've been having problems with my computer slowing down and I couldn't figure it out. One person suggested it might be that my 4 year old SSD is failing. Especially seeing other posts, I think I've narrowed down the problem to Dropbox Sync. I love a live sync and need this sort of thing for my work but I'm wondering now is One Drive better at speeds and less a headache, if anyone knows? I have an SSD, i7-6700HQ, 32 GB Ram. I'm upgrading to an i9-9900K soon and from what I've seen in other posts, the problem may still remain. It seems like dropbox hasn't even seriously addressed this issue since at least 2015 since the threads complaining about this are all closed with a "solution" saying please contact our IT dept privately cause we're not dealing with this publicly.

Please let me know if either dropbox has a real solution or you know of a better solution.

Thanks guys.

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox Sync Slowing Down My Computer?

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi @PDR1234, I'd be more than happy to help look into this with you!

If you're experiencing an overall slow-down, as a first step, have a look at this article which proposes some ideas on how to tackle this - one of them might do the trick. 

Let me know how it goes and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?