cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Unexpectedly Quit

Dropbox Unexpectedly Quit

SnowPenguin
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

For about a week now, I have been experiencing constant crashing of dropbox. When that happens, the message "Dropbox Quit Unexpectedly" appears. 

I already tried many of the common solutions suggested here, including the following:-

- Restarting the computer.

- Uninstalling then reinstalling Dropbox

- Unlinking then linking my account.

- Disabling any anti-virus I am running.

This issue has made Dropbox completely useless to me. I am now paying for a software I can't benefit from at all. It's happening in 3 computers at the very least. It's occuring in both Windows 7 & 10. 

The version I am using is 88.4.172. I tried upgrading to the beta version 89.3.272, but that didn't solve anything. 

I wish there could be a way I could revert back to an older version of Dropbox, but then it will automatically update to that cursed version.

15 Replies 15

Christophe4
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Drnil, 

We have exactly the same problem and this is not the first time this happens. Almost every 6 months, we need to desynch and resynch folder per folder. Dropbox assistance is just useless. We have dropbox business and 10 To bytes of storage. A bit more than 2millions of files that we want to keep... 

Instead of having problems of perfromances, it just does not work and crashes constantly. We are wasting our time and it takes more than week to fix everything... We are really considering stopping with DROPBOX because the problem is the memory usage. On two of our computers, Dropbox started to crash constantly wednesday night at the same time. Of course, Dropbox is to blame... They did something. When looking at the task manager of windows, the RAM usage is just building up non stop, until it reaches 3Gb and then crashes. Dropbox is still running under 32bit which can explain the problem. They should be ashamed of selling such a crap and not mentioning clearly the issue... Bad for them, we will go and see the competition, the only action we can take after such ineficiency. Good luck with this!!!! Me, I gave up.... 

DragoninNJ
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This is the solution? To quit using Dropbox??? I would like Dropbox to come up with an actual solution. This is significantly affecting our business.

jetcaptain
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

My recent ANGRY email to Dropbox ...

STOP INSTALLING DROPBOX UPDATES WITHOUT ADVISING YOUR CLIENT.
THIS WILL ENABLE US TO BACKUP OUR SYSTEMS BEFORE YOU INSTALL YOUR LATEST FLAWED UPDATE (as you call it a ...TECHNICAL DIFFICULTY).
I HAVE NOW SUFFERED THROUGH EIGHT (8) DIFFERENT COMPUTER AFFECTED BY YOUR DEBACLES ... FORTUNATELY I HAD SYSTEM BACKUPS (BEFORE INSTALLING WINDOWS UPDATES) THAT I COULD RESTORE TO RESOLVE YOUR RUNAWAY MEMORY CONSUMPTION ISSUES. IN ALL CASES I OBSERVED (TASK MANAGER) YOUR SOFTWARE CONSUME AVAILABLE MEMORY ...

No help whatsoever from DROPBOX so I informed them to cancel my automatic renewal ... they did that immediately I guess because they have no answers ... this is heir thanks after nearly 7 years of my business.

Zenco
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

I am having this issue now for over a month! since 5/5/20, i am emailing with Noah from Dropbox Support team and not getting anywhere, Noah is replying only once a day, i have been following all givin steps and the problem still exists, now i am advised to do the first step i have giving on the first day again, i am going in a circle and not getting anywhere with the supper for OVER A MONTH, tring my luck here on the forum, Any help? Thanks.

RobinPed
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

A tech replying once a day sounds like a dream. I am getting a response once every 3 or 4 days. I would be willing to try the syncing one folder at a time. Can anyone tell me how to do that. I cant seem to find an option to sync manually. 

Zenco
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

After having this issue since 5/5/20 and emailling back and forth with Noah from Dropbox Support till 7/22/20 when Maddison from Dropbox Support toke over the case and i followed all givin steps and the problem was still existing my only option after 4 MONTHS was to reinstall windows and this worked for me. its a waste of time to wait for the issue to be solved by Dropbox, just ask your IT department to reinstall windows.

Thanks,

Need more support?