cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Dropbox Update installation failed with error 0x80040c01)

(Dropbox Update installation failed with error 0x80040c01)

wj3
New member | Level 2

This error message just popped up after a mirosoft update and restart (I'm assuming that was the scenario). how do I get update to work?

7 Replies 7

Re: (Dropbox Update installation failed with error 0x80040c01)

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @wj3

Since such errors are in general OS-based, you could check out this link which may suggest some ideas to resolve this. If not, try contacting the OS provider for more info on the matter. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

suggestion failed to help

wj3
New member | Level 2

troubleshooter couldn't find any problems. so i still have this problem - "Dropbox Update installation failed with error 0x8004070c".

Re: suggestion failed to help

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi there, what version of Windows are you running? You can check using the steps from here.

Thanks in advance!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Seb6
New member | Level 2

I have had exactly the same error message for the past weekmor so. It occurs when I boot up my computer. Dropbox seems to work ok, but obviously it is not doing the updates. My system is running Windows10 Home v1803, 32 bit with Windows auto-updates which work fine.

So what is going on with Dropbox?

Thanks, Seb

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey Seb, 

Have you tried the links mentioned in (@Jay's and my) previous posts? If you’re still having issues with the error, try contacting the OS provider as they’ll likely be able to give you more info on this. 

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

mise à jour

tipitop
New member | Level 2

Failed to install update. Error: 0x80040c01
Since some days this message appears on my computer, the automatic update of dropbox is not done, what to do?

Re: mise à jour

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @tipitop, I’ve moved your post here so as to keep troubleshooting for this efficient. 

As mentioned earlier on this thread, although errors like this are OS-based, could you please check this link?

Let us know how it goes!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    tipitop New member | Level 2
    Seb6 New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?