cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Update installation failed with error 0x800b010e

Dropbox Update installation failed with error 0x800b010e

marvifredo
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I'm receiving the following error when attempting to install dropbox: "Dropbox Update installation failed with error 0x800b010e".

I'm running Windows 10. I have also attempted the offline installer with no success. The only antivirus and firewall running are Windows Defender.
I have restarted the computer a few times, no luck.

Any suggestions are welcomed. Regards.

34 Replies 34

billhoge
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have not ever been able to install dropbox. I have disable firewall and antivirus with no change. I have checked registry to be sure there were no prior installation, and there are no files or folders for dropbox. No matter what I try, I get the same error message. running latest windows 10 version with all updates. 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @billhoge

I'd be more than happy to help. 

As a first step, could you please confirm if you've given @Ross S.'s steps here a try? 

If you have, could you also give an advanced reinstall a shot? Maybe that will do the trick. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

techconcierge
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Deleting the registry keys only worked and then installing the old "stable" version and then upgrading to the new one did the trick without having to uninstall etc.

salonso12
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Everytime I try to download dropbox i get and error message "dropbox update installation failed with error 0x800b010e" can someone please advice what I should do. Thank you in advance!   

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @salonso12, thanks for checking in with us. 

I moved your post here, where other users in the past have come across this error message. 

Could you have a look at what is suggested throughout this thread, and let me know how it goes?

Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?