cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Update installation failed with error 0x800b010e

Dropbox Update installation failed with error 0x800b010e

pwertzberger
Helpful | Level 6

Getting an Installation error message. I had to erase Dropbox after Windows 10 Update...now the computer wont let me "re-install" dropbox. Help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Reinstall Dropbox desktop app

Lusil
Dropboxer

This error seems to be a generic MS error, but you could try a re-install with the instructions outlined here and see if that does the trick. 

Let us know if this helps. :upside_down:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Mark
Super User II
What is the error?

We need a bit more info here.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

pwertzberger
Helpful | Level 6

Dropbox Installer

Dropbox Update installation failed with error 0x800b010e.

There is no blue link which may give additional info. After Windows did some update on Friday, all of sudden, Dropbox will not work or link/sync. I uninstalled it on this pc...tried to re-install but am getting this error message.

I also "unlinked" the computer from the account "Farmersins-PC - renamed "Trina". Tried to reinstall...error message every time. Do you think this is now related to Windows 10? It worked just fine on this computer w/ windows 10 prior to the update. If I downgrade to 7 can I go back to 10 (for free)? I need to have dropbox added back on here.

Mark
Super User II
It sounds linked, but, there should be an easier way to fix rather then rolling back to Win7.

Have a try of an Advanced Reinstall via https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/advanced-reinstall

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

pwertzberger
Helpful | Level 6

Nothing happens when I try to downloand. Get the newest version of the Dropbox desktop app. Download now. < this link does not prompt a download for me. Nor does "restarting the download".

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey there @pwertzberger, thanks for posting your concern on the Forum, & welcome aboard! :sailboat:

Thanks for carrying out some initial steps here with @Mark! I just wanted to ask for some additional information in order to have a better understanding of the situation. 

Initially, could you please confirm if you're running the application Boxifier? Furthermore, could you verify if you have admin privileges on your device & also send a screenshot here of the error that you’re seeing (omitting any private information)?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation on this & I look forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

pwertzberger
Helpful | Level 6

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Pls see screen shots. DB will attempt to download but never complete.

Error message reads: Dropbox Update installation failed with error 0x800b010e.

No blue link.

pwertzberger
Helpful | Level 6

I inadvertantly closed this topic...I have had no success in getting dropbox to reinstall onto my computer. Can you please reopen this issue/topic? I need assistance still. Thanks.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi @pwertzberger, thanks for getting back to me here & for the screenshots - they’re definitely helpful in having a better understanding of the situation! And don’t worry, this thread is still open. :wink: 

Initially, please note that I was able to locate your open ticket in our system & I can see that a specialized member of my team is on it. Rest assured, they will do their best to help you out on this.

However, could you please just clarify for me if you are using an application called Boxifier & if you have admin privileges on the device that you’re trying to install the Dropbox desktop application?

Thanks in advance, I look forward to hearing back from you! :upside_down:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

pwertzberger
Helpful | Level 6

Boxifier is not being used on this PC and I am logged on as admin.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    Mhector2k New member | Level 2
    pwertzberger Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?