cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropbox Windows 10 App Cannot Print PDF's Full-Page

Explorer | Level 3

Hello, I'm not able to print out a pdf file properly after I open it from Dropbox desktop Windows 10 application. 

The whole PDF page is lowered and the bottom gets cut off.

I open Dropbox app, double click on a pdf file, the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC app opens. I click on print icon, a print windows pops. The preview looks fine, the pdf is not shifted dow. The printout is shifted down, has a big margin on top and the bottom is cut off.

I've tried to change setting and the print result was still the same. 

I upgraded Dropbox desktop app. I upgraded Adobe Acrobat application. It didn't help.

When I open any PDF from my computer, not Dropbox. It prints fine. Only PDFs opened from Dropbox application can't print out properly. 

Printing Exel files from Dropbox are not a problem. 

Please help, thank you

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox Windows 10 App Cannot Print PDF's Full-Page

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @beruskoca, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Since you're printing the PDF through another app, it would be strange indeed if the desktop app is interfering with this action. It shouldn't affect this action at all.

Can you quit the desktop app on your computer and try printing the file again to see if there's any change in the behaviour? You can quit the app by:

1. Clicking the Dropbox icon in your system tray.
  2. Click the profile pic/initials icon in the top right of the window.
  3. Choose "Quit Dropbox".

Also, can you move the file temporarily out of the Dropbox folder to another location on your desktop and try printing again?

Let me know how it goes - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hello Daphne, after I quit the desktop Dropbox app on my computer, I'm not able to print out from Dropbox app anymore. I need to have the app open to be able to print out. 

I print out large number of PDFs daily so the solution to move my files temporarily out of the Dropbox folder to another location on my desktop is not an option even it works and the printout looks perfect. 

Do you have any other solutions please?

Thank you!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me @beruskoca!

Just to clarify, are you using the computer desktop app, or the app for devices in S mode which you download from the Microsoft store and not our website?

Moving one of the files out of Dropbox is just a way to test that there is no interference from Dropbox in the action that you're taking. I'm not suggesting to use this as a work around, just as a troubleshooting step.

Keep me posted!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for getting back to me Daphne,

I'm using the computer desktop app on Windows 10 OS. I downloaded the application from Dropbox website and updated it today.

I tested moving one of the PDF files out of Dropbox and the result was fine. The printout wasn't shifted down and partially cut out. 

Thank you

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the info @beruskoca!

So we can have a better look into this, I've reached out to the email address linked with your Community profile. 

Please just check your inbox when you have a moment and we can take it from there.

Thanks!

This thread is closed due to inactivity. Please feel free to create a new topic here. 

Daphne

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?