cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Windows desktop app stuck at starting after the latest update

Dropbox Windows desktop app stuck at starting after the latest update

George_Melekos
New member | Level 2

Hello Dropbox team and community,

as the title implies Dropbox desktop app for Windows is stuck at starting after auto updating to the latest stable version 91.4.548

Haven't done anything myself, reinstalling the app through the online as well as the offline installer didn't change a thing.

Windows 10 Home 1909 (18363.657) 

Dropbox Stable Channel

All other Dropbox instances (Web, iOS, macOS) work flawlessly as usual.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Georgios Melekos from Greece.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox Windows desktop app stuck at starting after the latest update

Lusil
Dropboxer

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your main concern in end, @George_Melekos!

Since you mention that you don't see any syncing icons though, check out this article which suggests some ways to tackle this. 

@Mike H.46, could you also give a reboot a try? Maybe that'll do the trick for you too. 

Keep me posted, peeps!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi @George_Melekos, thanks for checking in with us - let's see what we can find. 

As a first step, could you try temporarily disabling your antivirus or security app?

Could you also make sure that you've conifgured your firewall to work with Dropbox?

Let me know of any updates!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Mike H.46
New member | Level 2

I've been running into the same issue (stable version 91.4.548). I disabled firewall/antivirus and checked firewall settings as well...still did not work. 

Any other suggestions? 

George_Melekos
New member | Level 2

Hi @Lusil 

thanks a lot for your reply. Neither of those did the trick I am afraid. Windows firewall was already properly configured and shutting down Malwarebytes resulted in a really strange situation, MsMpEng working in the background like mad. Anyway as in most of Windows related cases a forced reboot seems to have solved the issue as after quite a while Dropbox finally managed to connect and sync so problem solved :relieved:

By the way the green ticks on files and folders as well as all the other flag statuses have vanished a while ago but since the app is working and most importantly syncing it's not a big deal :sunglasses:

Thanks again for your help, greetings from Greece!

Lusil
Dropboxer

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your main concern in end, @George_Melekos!

Since you mention that you don't see any syncing icons though, check out this article which suggests some ways to tackle this. 

@Mike H.46, could you also give a reboot a try? Maybe that'll do the trick for you too. 

Keep me posted, peeps!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?