cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Dropbox Won't Open, Sync, Uninstall or Reinstall on Windows 10

Dropbox Won't Open, Sync, Uninstall or Reinstall on Windows 10

Dolphining
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Been running dropbox on my computer without a problem for over a year. Just realized today that it hasn't synced for about the past week. Running on Windows 10. Also running Symantic Enpoint Protection Small Business Edition.

Problem details:

• Do not see the tray icon 
  • Dropbox will not open when I try to run the program
  • Dropbox Update is running in the background
  • Attempted to Reinstall and got "error 2"
  • Attempted to Uninstall and "uninstall failed"
  • Disabled Enpoint Protection and tried again to reinstall and uninstall; no luck
  • Restarted the computer and, again, no luck

I've seen other community messages about error 2 and problems uninstalling, but there are few answers and none of those tips have solved my problem.

Anyone have a similar issue or can help?

Thanks!

10 Replies 10

cosmict
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same here! Suddenly my Dropbox wont start. Restart didn't help. I tried to reinstall but it also won't uninstall. I tried offline instalation - didn't help. I killed all the processes, run uninstall as admin but still it fails to uninstall.

I have no clue what to do? Tried everything I know and  people here suggested. Running Win10.

Help?!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

cosmict Explorer | Level 4
    Jane Dropbox Staff
    KeithMould New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?