cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox add-in has vanished in Outlook 365

Dropbox add-in has vanished in Outlook 365

outwardspiral
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have Microsoft Office 365 and the Dropbox desktop app installed.

I used to have the Dropbox for Outlook add-in available in Outlook 365 even though the Dropbox for Outlook appsource page specifically lists Outlook on the Web, Outlook 2013+, Outlook 2016+ and Outlook 2016 for Mac (not Outlook 365) as supported versions.

I have no idea why it was working with my supposed unsupported version, but it was working until I decided to reset the ribbon layout in Outlook. After that, the Dropbox add-in disappeared from the ribbon and also vanished from the list of "all commands" in the "customise ribbon" options (it was there previousely).

Does anyone know what the situation is with this add-in, or even better, how I can restore it to its previous working order?

I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Office 365 and Dropbox. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

outwardspiral
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I think I solved it.

I removed my Outlook email accounts from the Outlook app and Windows account settings.

I then added it back in Outlook, this time choosing Outlook.com as the account type (previousely I chose Exchange).

Now the Dropbox add-in is loading every time without fail. And as a bonus, the OneNote add-in is loading as well (I completely forgot I had it installed).

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @outwardspiral

Currently, as you mention as well, the Dropbox for Outlook add-in is compatible with:
  • Outlook on web
  • outlook.com
  • Outlook desktop application version 2013 (Windows 10 and up) and 2016 (Windows 10 and up and Mac)
Nonetheless, out of curiousity, could you please let me know if you’ve tried rebooting your computer? Maybe that will do the trick. 

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

outwardspiral
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Rebooting doesn't fix it. Cheers.

outwardspiral
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Woah... hang on!

I just went back to my outlook app right after replying about rebooting not helping, and I found the add-in has returned.

So now it's working again, contradictory to Outlook 365 being "not supported".

I'm definitely not going to reset the ribbon again, and hope that it just keeps working.

Cheers.

Gaz

outwardspiral
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Noooo!

After relaunching Outlook, the add-in has vanished again!

Bummer.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for keeping me in the loop, @outwardspiral

Since Dropbox doesn’t currently support Outlook 365 to be compatible, I’d recommend contacting them for more info on the matter. 

I understand that this isn’t the ideal reply you were expecting, but I do hope it helps to some extent. 

In any case, let me know what you find! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

outwardspiral
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I think I solved it.

I removed my Outlook email accounts from the Outlook app and Windows account settings.

I then added it back in Outlook, this time choosing Outlook.com as the account type (previousely I chose Exchange).

Now the Dropbox add-in is loading every time without fail. And as a bonus, the OneNote add-in is loading as well (I completely forgot I had it installed).

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for keeping me in the loop and for letting me know exactly what did the trick for you. Awesome troubleshooting, @outwardspiral:sunglasses:

If you have any other questions in the future, don’t hesitate to give us a shout and we’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, have a wonderful day ahead!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Goopguy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Any other options.   Im not removing all my emails accounts and starting over.  

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Goopguy, thanks for posting!

Currently, the only way to make the Outlook add-in work is by following the previous steps from @outwardspiral earlier.

We do appreciate the feedback about the requirements for the add-in!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?