cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox & Google Drive - how to unlink

Dropbox & Google Drive - how to unlink

Explorer | Level 3

It appears that my DropBox account has linked to my Google Drive, as all of the photos I had deleted from DropBox months ago suddenly reappeared. Does anyone know if this is what happened? And how do I undo it - Google Drive isn't listed in the Apps section.

6 Replies 6

Re: Dropbox & Google Drive - how to unlink

Dropboxer

Hello @Tammy T, thanks for checking in with us. 

Since you've made sure that it's not linked under your Connected Apps tab, could you have a look at the version history of the files for any additional info about this? 

Check it out and let me know what you find, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

That doesn't make sense. These are files that I permanently deleted months ago, that suddenly reappeared in my files list. I've deleted them again. But I also notice that Dropbox seems to want to connect to Google Drive, where those deleted files were moved to. Hence my suspicion that somehow the 2 are linked.

Super User II

@Tammy T wrote:

That doesn't make sense.

It does, actually, as the version history of a file can tell you the device that placed it back in your account, thus providing a hint as to how they're getting there.

Explorer | Level 3

Oh - I see what you mean now. So if I restore a couple of the files I deleted again, will it show? Or am I too late, because I already permanently deleted them?

Super User II

@Tammy T wrote:

So if I restore a couple of the files I deleted again, will it show? Or am I too late, because I already permanently deleted them?

If you permanently deleted them they can't be restored.

Explorer | Level 3

Oh well - if they do come back again, I'll start over!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?