cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox and Transcend JetDrive Lite expansion cards

Dropbox and Transcend JetDrive Lite expansion cards

Andy F.14
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I was wondering if anyone had had any success storing their Dropbox folder on one of these expansion cards? I have one for my MacBook Pro and would love to keep a rather large Dropbox folder on there but when I try to I get an error message saying that some files can't be moved, please select a new location or close some files and try again. I have closed files and rebooted but still get the error. Might it help if I tried to reformat the JetDrive?

16 Replies 16

khcole
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Great to hear!  Thanks for letting me know it worked for you as well.

d_esk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I'm trying to understand where the option to turn Power Save off is located. I do not have any JetDrive software installed. Will this work without doing this?

luckyprintschi
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

The power save mode is located in the JetDrive Toolbox (should be able to download from the Transcend website.) The application runs in the background so it isn't intrusive in any way. I definitely recommend doing that. It worked like a charm after struggling for over a month to remedy the problem.

d_esk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks! What exactly do all these settings do?

tatilove
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi, 

Q: I have changed the system energy saver preferences -- but I cannot figure out how to turn Power Save to "off" on the Jetdrive Lite -- since I cannot find that software anywhere and do not recall every installing it. Did you download that from somewhere?

It isn't working just with the system preferences changed, so I figure I need to also change it for the drive itself...

Thanks!

Natasha

khcole
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Sorry for not replying earlier.  You've probably found it by now.  If not, here you go.

https://www.transcend-info.com/Support/No-638

I will say that this solution quit working for me a while back with a new MacOS update. I switched to BaseQi, which is working slightly better than the Transcend did after that OS update, but not perfectly like my Trascend used to. 

tatilove
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks! I forget how but I DID get it to work back in May... I will file this away in case it stops working... Natasha

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

tatilove Helpful | Level 5
    khcole Helpful | Level 6
    d_esk New member | Level 2
    luckyprintschi Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?