cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox app does not start Mac OS mojave

Dropbox app does not start Mac OS mojave

SorenSteensen
New member | Level 2

I wanted to connect my personal dropbox app with a business dropbox app. It did not work. I downloaded the app, but the folder with the business account did not appear in the Finder window. I unistalled Dropbox, and then reinstalled it, but now Dropbox does not open at all. I restarted my Mac, but it did not help.

Can you help me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox app does not start Mac OS mojave

SorenSteensen
New member | Level 2

Hi Jane,

Thank you for answering.

But in the meanwhile, I launched activity monitor and terminated all Dropbox processes. I also deleted all dropbox Settings after reading the instructions in the bottom of this web page: https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/uninstall-dropbox.

Then I downloaded the app again, and now everything works.

I am happy now!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey @SorenSteensen, thanks for posting your inquiry on our Community, we’re here to help you out as much as possible!

As an initial point of reference, can you let us know if you’re getting any error messages when you’re trying to launch our app? If so, I’d appreciate a screenshot (omitting personal info) of what you’re seeing in your next message here, so as to get a better idea of what’s happening.

Now, unlinking & relinking is a great troubleshooting step, though it seems that it didn’t about the desired results this time. For that reason, I ‘d suspect that the installation wasn’t completed correctly in the first place. Additionally, I’m wondering if you’re using Boxifier, or a security application that could be blocking our app from running in the background. Please do let me know whether any of the above applies.

To my mind, you could disable all security applications running in the background then you could have a look at the steps outlined here: 

Spoiler
  • Stop Dropbox (if needed) by clicking the Dropbox icon in the menu bar on the top of your screen. >Click on the gear icon in the Notifications panel and select "Quit Dropbox". 
  • Delete the Dropbox application from the Applications folder. You may need to provide your computer password in order to perform this action.  
  • Reinstall the Dropbox desktop application following these steps: 
  • Open the Dropbox .dmg file and double click the Dropbox icon. Dropbox should appear in your menu bar.
Please do et me know here on how these steps work for you & I’ll do my best to follow-up on this discussion. Thanks again for reaching out to us on our Forum! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

SorenSteensen
New member | Level 2

Hi Jane,

Thank you for answering.

But in the meanwhile, I launched activity monitor and terminated all Dropbox processes. I also deleted all dropbox Settings after reading the instructions in the bottom of this web page: https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/uninstall-dropbox.

I am happy now!

View solution in original post

Marmus
New member | Level 2

@SorenSteensen  a écrit :

Hi Jane,

Thank you for answering.

I am happy now!

It worked for me as well. 

Thanks!

Marmus

Hi Jane,

Thank you for answering.

I am happy now!

Hi Jane,

Thank you for answering.

I am happy now!

Jane
Dropboxer
Fantastic @SorenSteensen & @Marmus, glad to hear that you managed to resolve your concern on your end :unicorn: & thanks for circling back here with this update!

I’ve now gone ahead & marked your last comment as the Best Answer @SorenSteensen, since it may be useful to other visitors in the future. Also, that’s an open invite to both to ping us back here in case you have any further inquiries; it'll be a pleasure to work with you again. Happy Dropboxing & take care until we talk again! 🤓

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?