cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox app doesn't start on my HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2

Dropbox app doesn't start on my HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2

cpofl
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, 

I recently bought a new computer (HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2) and installed the Dropbox app. It worked like a charm for a few days, but then it stopped syncing and I couldn't open the app at all. I've tried to reinstall 20 times, each time it looks like it has been installed (it can be found on my computer) but there's no icons anywhere, dropbox doesn't show up in Explorer and when I try to search for the app and open it nothing happens. Do you know what could be wrong? Thanks!

36 Replies 36

Re: Dropbox app doesn't start

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @cpofl - how are you today?

Sorry to hear about this issue, could you please try an advanced re-install and let me know how it goes? 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

cpofl
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter, 

Thanks for trying to help! I followed all the steps but the result is exactly the same as before. 

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for letting me know and sorry to hear this persists @cpofl!

Could you let me know if there's any antivirus or security program running on the affected computer? If there are, temporarily disable them and run the offline installer of our latest stable build please.

Let me know how this goes!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

cpofl
Explorer | Level 3
I'm using Microsoft Defender, I turned off the real time protection and reinstalled using the offline installer but the problem persists.

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the quick update on the matter and sorry to hear this persists @cpofl - I've located your ticket on our system and I'm sending you an email now to look into this together. 

Check your inbox for my email and get back to me there to resolve this asap. Thank you in advance. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Gianpaolo1
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I have exactly the same problem.

Dropbox support suggested me to try create another administrator account and with this new account it worked.

But using the old administrator account I can't get it working.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks!

cpofl
Explorer | Level 3
Hi,
The last few days Dropbox has asked me to try a number of different things, but the only "solution" was to create another administrator account as you say @gianpaolo1.
But as I really need to use my original Microsoft account, I am going to reinstall Windows on my computer and add my own Microsoft account again. Hopefully this works.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @cpofl & @Gianpaolo1 - I hope this finds you well!

As this indicates that the problem lies within your OS's profile I won't be able to help further. Have you tried contacting Microsoft?

Keep me posted on your findings! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

cpofl
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, 

No I didn't contact Microsoft as I figured it would take longer than simply reinstalling Windows on my computer (as it's pretty new). And that worked well, I could use my current Microsoft account and was able to download Dropbox without any problems. Hope it continues that way... If not I'll be back on this forum. 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

QuantumDeng Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropboxer
    ruetal Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?