cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Betreff: Dropbox app for Android causing high battery usage

Dropbox app for Android causing high battery usage

AntonioC
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, I’m Antonio, a member of the Dropbox Mobile team. We’ve discovered an incompatibility issue between Dropbox’s app and Android OS that led to higher-than-normal battery usage on Android phones.

We’ve fixed the issue, and the app should return to normal functionality after restarting it. 

To restart the app:
  • On your device, open the Settings app and select Application Manager
  • Switch to the Running tab to view your active apps
  • Tap the Dropbox app and select Stop
  • Re-launch the Dropbox app from your home screen

If you’ve restarted the app and are still seeing higher-than-normal battery usage, please reply to this thread, and we’ll take a look.
101 Replies 101

fabiovilan
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

@weilhuiz wrote:

Hi faviovilan,

Thanks for the follow-up, I will investigate the remaining issue and get back to you.

UPDATE: An additional fix has been submitted, it will be in the next beta version. Will follow up with the version number when it's available.

Thanks. I´m looking forward for this next beta... Will try it and post a new msg as soon as it´s released.

Lkwdvm2010
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

The last beta I got 76.1.6 seems to have fixed the problem.  I am back to having virtually no batter drain.  🙂

fabiovilan
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

@Lkwdvm2010 wrote:

The last beta I got 76.1.6 seems to have fixed the problem.  I am back to having virtually no batter drain.  🙂

No.... 76.1.6 fixed some aspects of the problem but it didn´t fix entirely (read my previous posts for technical details).

I´m waiting for the next beta....

weilhuiz
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi fabiovilan,

The v77.1.4 was just released, please let me know if things improve. Thanks.

fabiovilan
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

@weilhuiz wrote:
Hi fabiovilan,

The v77.1.4 was just released, please let me know if things improve. Thanks.

Hi weilhuiz,

Just tried 77.1.4 beta and it seems to be fixed now !! Now I can use upload "only when charging" again without wakelock. Thank you !!

Will keep trying for the next days, if something comes up I´ll give you a update. Hope this patch is released in mainstream version soon.

Alan R.4
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Glad beta seems to be sorting it - any word when this will go onto the main release channel?  I'm experiencingn 15-20% battery loss per day solely due to Dropbox camera upload wakelocks at present!

weilhuiz
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi Alan, the main release of v76 will be rolled out 100% on this Wed. v78 will follow 2 weeks after that.

Alan R.4
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
@weilhuiz wrote:
Hi Alan, the main release of v76 will be rolled out 100% on this Wed. v78 will follow 2 weeks after that.

Thanks for the update - from what fabiovilan said previously it sounds like v76 didn't solve the problem but v77 did, so look forward to v78 being released in a couple of weeks!  For just now I've had to switch of camera upload which certainly does the trick - 0% usage all day!!

granchir
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I'm still using 64.2.2 version, not affected by battery drain. I seen in Play Store the 80.2.2 version, available from yesterday. Before to upgrade to this latest version I would like to know if battery drain is resolved. Someone can confirm that this issues is solved?

Alan R.4
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I'm on 80.2.2 and wakelock issue appears to be resolved - under <1% of total app battery usage has been from Dropbox over the course of today.

Need more support?