cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Betreff: Dropbox app for Android causing high battery usage

fabiovilan
Collaborator | Level 8

@weilhuiz wrote:

Hi faviovilan,

Thanks for the follow-up, I will investigate the remaining issue and get back to you.

UPDATE: An additional fix has been submitted, it will be in the next beta version. Will follow up with the version number when it's available.

Thanks. I´m looking forward for this next beta... Will try it and post a new msg as soon as it´s released.

Lkwdvm2010
Helpful | Level 5

The last beta I got 76.1.6 seems to have fixed the problem.  I am back to having virtually no batter drain.  🙂

fabiovilan
Collaborator | Level 8

@Lkwdvm2010 wrote:

The last beta I got 76.1.6 seems to have fixed the problem.  I am back to having virtually no batter drain.  🙂

No.... 76.1.6 fixed some aspects of the problem but it didn´t fix entirely (read my previous posts for technical details).

I´m waiting for the next beta....

weilhuiz
Dropboxer
Hi fabiovilan,

The v77.1.4 was just released, please let me know if things improve. Thanks.

fabiovilan
Collaborator | Level 8

@weilhuiz wrote:
Hi fabiovilan,

The v77.1.4 was just released, please let me know if things improve. Thanks.

Hi weilhuiz,

Just tried 77.1.4 beta and it seems to be fixed now !! Now I can use upload "only when charging" again without wakelock. Thank you !!

Will keep trying for the next days, if something comes up I´ll give you a update. Hope this patch is released in mainstream version soon.

Alan R.4
Helpful | Level 6

Glad beta seems to be sorting it - any word when this will go onto the main release channel?  I'm experiencingn 15-20% battery loss per day solely due to Dropbox camera upload wakelocks at present!

weilhuiz
Dropboxer
Hi Alan, the main release of v76 will be rolled out 100% on this Wed. v78 will follow 2 weeks after that.

View solution in original post

Alan R.4
Helpful | Level 6
@weilhuiz wrote:
Hi Alan, the main release of v76 will be rolled out 100% on this Wed. v78 will follow 2 weeks after that.

Thanks for the update - from what fabiovilan said previously it sounds like v76 didn't solve the problem but v77 did, so look forward to v78 being released in a couple of weeks!  For just now I've had to switch of camera upload which certainly does the trick - 0% usage all day!!

Rif.: Dropbox app for Android causing high battery usage

granchir
Explorer | Level 3

Hi everyone,

I'm still using 64.2.2 version, not affected by battery drain. I seen in Play Store the 80.2.2 version, available from yesterday. Before to upgrade to this latest version I would like to know if battery drain is resolved. Someone can confirm that this issues is solved?

Rif.: Dropbox app for Android causing high battery usage

Alan R.4
Helpful | Level 6

I'm on 80.2.2 and wakelock issue appears to be resolved - under <1% of total app battery usage has been from Dropbox over the course of today.

Need more support?