cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox app is forever connecting

Dropbox app is forever connecting

cccc xxx
New member | Level 2

The app is forever connecting to the server. 

What happens is that the app icon remains gray after launching, and after clicking the icon the app shows "starting" which lasts forever. I want to check the proxy, but No response if I click on "sign in" or "preferences".

I have also tried reinstalling but didn't help. Also, no firewall/antivirus has been turned on.

I really need help! 

3 Replies 3

Re: Dropbox app is forever connecting

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @cccc xxx, thanks for posting on the Community!

It's possible that apart from the proxy, firewall, or security software, a VPN, or even ISP/router issues could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains.

When you reinstalled the app, did you perform an advanced reinstallation?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

cccc xxx
New member | Level 2

Hi Jay, 

Thanks for your suggestion. I have tried to advanced reinstall, but it said "no internet connection". And it starts connecting ....all the time. 

In fact, I am using VPN to use dropbox. The use on the web is good but not the app, I have checked the VPN connection and fixed all the settings, reinstalled the app many times, it does not work... 

I really need the app to work on the project with my colleagues. 

Jay
Dropboxer
If you have to use a VPN to use Dropbox, then it sounds like the VPN is still not able to connect to the Dropbox servers for the desktop app.

Does this occur for any other devices on your network using the desktop app?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    cccc xxx New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?