cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox app - no notifications issue

Dropbox app - no notifications issue

pete1234
Explorer | Level 3

Hi All 

Currently have dropbox app installed for two of our users. Both running windows 10, 2004. 

These were installed fresh for the first time yesterday. 

Both the users do not have any notfications happening either through the dropbox app or through the windows 10 notification center. 

When i check the notification options within the app preferences i can see that all options are ticked. 

Whilst looking though some other discussions similar to my issue i can see some people point out checking the windows 10 notifications and alerts options, however drop box does not show up for those 2 users as an option to turn on or off. 

we have 3 people in a team and a bunch of external users adding files to a shared folder and we would like to see notification when new files are addd or changed. 

5 Replies 5

Re: Dropbox app - no notifications issue

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @pete1234, thanks for posting here today!

Can you just clarify for me, when you mentioned checking in the notifications center, did you navigate there through "Start button > Settings > System > Notifications & actions" and then check under the section "Get notifications from these apps"?

Also, can you let me know which version of the app is installed on these devices and the OS version?

Let me know!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

pete1234
Explorer | Level 3

Hey, Sorry for the delay, 

Yes i check through "Start button > Settings > System > Notifications & actions". There is no dropbox options there on any of the computers i just installed the app on. It was a clean install on all three computers. 

Dropbox app was the latest as of when i installed last week, downloaded from dropbox wepsite. 

Windows is currently on 

Windows 10 Version 2004 build 19041.488

Have also checked notification options from within app in the preferences section under notifications and everything is ticket. 

But no notifications at all 

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for confirming that @pete1234.

Can you let me know which version of the app is installed on the computers?

Also, can you try unchecking the notification options and re-enable them to see if that helps?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

pete1234
Explorer | Level 3

Dropbox app version is 105.3.638, this is the same version on the other 3 computers. 

Have already tried dissabling notificiations from within the dropbox app and re enabling them but it did not solve the issue. I also checked windows 10 notification after doing so to see if it added a new option for dropbox within that area but it sadly did not. 

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for the info @pete1234!

You're currently running beta versions of the desktop app on those computers, denoted with xx.3.xxx instead of the stable versions xx.4.xxx.

I'd suggest trying to downgrade to the latest stable versions of the apps to see if that helps with the notifications.

To do this, you'll need to toggle off the "Early releases" option at the bottom of the account settings online here. Then, you can download the latest stable version from here.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropboxer
    pete1234 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?