cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox app not seeing all photos on my iPhone

Dropbox app not seeing all photos on my iPhone

Shirley N.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

When I use the Dropbox iOS app to upload photos, the app is not seeing all of my photos. For example, I have 3000+ photos in my "All Photos" album, and Dropbox is only seeing 255 of them. I double checked and know that the missing photos are not the "thumbnailed" ones already uploaded to iCloud Photo Library. Dropbox isn't even seeing the full resolution originals that are on my phone.

iPhone 5s
iOS 8.3
Dropbox app version 3.9.3

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ElPoonPoon
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

For anyone having this problem still. It seems as though the photos are not naturally in your list if you use the tabs at the bottom of the app, however if you select the '+' icon that's hovering in the middle of those tabs and go 'Upload Photos' you should be able to see them all through that. Worked for my boss on his iPhone 6 with some version of iOS 10...

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

carljohan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi Shirley! Could you make sure that you have enabled Automatic Camera Upload on your iPhone? You can read more about this here: https://www.dropbox.com/help/307

You can also read more about how to upload your photos to Dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/help/289

Hope this helps!

Shirley N.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi Thomas, 

Thanks for your response, however, I'm not talking about Automatic Camera Upload. I DON'T want to use Automatic Camera Upload.

I'm talking about when I want to upload a few pictures manually via the Dropbox app. Other apps such as Mextures are able to see all of the now 5000+ photos on my phone, while Dropbox is only able to see 1243 of them, which means I can't manually upload the photos I want to upload because Dropbox can't even see them in the first place.

Thanks!

Dropbox version 3.9.5

carljohan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for clarifying! Dropbox should be able to see all the photos that are in your Camera Roll. Are these photos in your Camera Roll or in another app on your phone? 

Shirley N.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

HI Thomas,

The photos are in my Camera Roll. The folder name is "All Photos" when accessed via the Dropbox app. Other apps can access this same folder to view all the photos in my Camera Roll, while the Dropbox app can only view maybe 1/5 of them.

Thanks for looking into this! 🙂

ps. I've just upgraded to iOS 8.4.1 and the problem is still there.

Janet D.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi there

did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am experiencing the exact same thing - only the most recent 40 photos are showing and I can't upload earlier ones even though they're in the same folder.

thanks

Janet

Jonathan L.7
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Is no one from Dropbox responding to this post? I'm having the same issue. Dropbox is having trouble accessing photos from my iCloud.

Can someone answer here????

Robert V.13
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Useless app.  It has to do with the date stamp on the pictures.  The developers are not using an iPhone with current updates. Camera roll?  I will just switch back to google drive no problems there. 

Julia R.6
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Any update on this issue? This just started happening to my phone as well

Tom R.24
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same issue here. Only 27 photos (out of over 4000) are available for upload.  

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rebecca R.2 New member | Level 1
    Rob F.13 New member | Level 2
    John M.232 New member | Level 1
    Ryan K.5 New member | Level 1
    kelly k.13 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?