cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox app on Mac does backup of everything on the Mac; Problems with return it

Dropbox app on Mac does backup of everything on the Mac; Problems with return it

New member | Level 2

Hello everyone,

I hope someone can help me. I´m really desperate.

I installed the dropbox app on my mac. Accidentally I allowed dropbox to do a backup of my mac, but I only have 2GB on the dropbox so it doesn't work. I tried to return the backup with the help file of dropbox but it doesn't work. I fear to lose all the stuff I have on my mac. Can someone help me how to stop dropbox doing the backups withput loosing everything.

Thank you!!

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox app on Mac does backup of everything on the Mac; Problems with return it

Dropboxer

Hi @Mello1; thanks for using Dropbox and welcome aboard!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this. Can you let me know if you already gone through the relevant Help Center article to see if it helps?

https:confused face:/help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/sync-uploads/computer-backup

Should the matter persist, please send me a screenshot so I can have a visual too. 

Thanks a bunch! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?