Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox app on iPhone kicked me out of gmail

nmwriter New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I added the Dropbox app to my iphone yesterday and it instantly kicked me out of Gmail. I know my password (I have it written down and saved, nothing has changed) but Google won't let me back in. It appears my password was changed without me knowing. Please help!

10 Replies 10

Re: Dropbox app on iPhone kicked me out of gmail

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @nmwriter - funny thing what you mention; as I can't imagine how this could happen (our app can't have changed your password) would you mind elaborating on this?

If possible, attach screenshots that might help with our investigation. Also, could you please verify that you're running our latest version of the mobile app (currently 112.2)? 

In addition, have you tried contacting your email service provider to ask about this directly? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

My email service provider meaning Google? Yes, no luck for 3-5 business days. All I know is I downloaded the Dropbox app and it asked me for a (Google) password. I entered one and suddenly Gmail kicked me out and my gmail password doesn't work. 

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Could you please send a screenshot of the problem as well so as to have a better understanding @nmwriter ?

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

I've tried to, but this page keeps saying "An unexpected error has occured."

New Super User atccodex
New Super User

Can you reset your Gmail password? Do you have a a backup method to reset that account?

New member | Level 2

No. Gmail has a standard protocol that says I must fill out a form and wait 3-5 business days. I can't understand why this happened at the exact time I downloaded the Dropbox app onto my iPhone.

New Super User atccodex
New Super User

Ah, so you didn't have a backup email or backup codes? Thats a bummer. Make sure to set those up as soon as you get back into your account. Also, turn on 2 factor auth in Gmail, in case this was a hack, that should help for next time.

New member | Level 2

Okay. Thanks. 

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Keep us posted @nmwriter

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?